Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

dark_marc

How to tell the wife...?

Tell her the set of 10 Televue EP's were free with the scope ;-)

If only.  :eek:

You can get some genuine bargains though. I just got a Coronado PST. Normally £150 but Telescope House had a 20% sale at the weekend so I bagged one for £120! Just ask my wife :D

I found ******** baffles. Before I get to announce the price of such new kit, I explain its dimensions and its practically of use, (dropping mention of diffraction, vinnigeting and any other unfamiliar words I know, or make up), just until I see the glaze in the eyes. Then money isn't mentioned. 

Just as long as mine doesn't sell the kit for what I told her I'd paid for it I'll be happy.

My other half needs teeth implants ....

there's a lot of offset in 10k.

• Like 1

My wife signed up for a five figure (US$) cruise with her mom. That opened up my path to buy a short, fast, large guilt free Dob in the near future. Its about as much fun doing the research as it will be buying.

motherinlaw.png

Nah, we are not all like that  :tongue:

Husband and I get what we can afford, when we can afford it, I never ask him how much he spends at Screwfix, Machine Mart, B&Q etc etc when the parcels arrive or he brings toys home, he never asks me, I like to think neither of us would go OTT with our purchases.

• Like 3

Nah, we are not all like that  :tongue:

Husband and I get what we can afford, when we can afford it, I never ask him how much he spends at Screwfix, Machine Mart, B&Q etc etc when the parcels arrive or he brings toys home, he never asks me, I like to think neither of us would go OTT with our purchases.

How it goes in our case as well, and how it should be in any normal relationship with sensible people   :smiley:

• Like 2

I sometime thing people would find it easier to tell the wife that they were having an affair than the fact that you have just spent the shopping money on eyepieces.

Nice move thought, look forward to the book on first lights

Alan

All I know I that anything I spend now pales into insignificance vs what my divorce cost me so I don't feel so bad!

The present Mrs Maksutov is far more understanding!!

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the new 12inch dob im ordering next week is only costing £275.............. or so the wife thinks :evil:  :evil:  She gets her new camera lenses that cost hundreds of £ at a time so everyone is happy, she makes a living out of her photography so she says she NEEDS them, so its six of one and half a dosen of the other as far as im concerned :laugh: