Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to tell the wife...?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found ******** baffles. Before I get to announce the price of such new kit, I explain its dimensions and its practically of use, (dropping mention of diffraction, vinnigeting and any other unfamiliar words I know, or make up), just until I see the glaze in the eyes. Then money isn't mentioned. 

My wife signed up for a five figure (US$) cruise with her mom. That opened up my path to buy a short, fast, large guilt free Dob in the near future. Its about as much fun doing the research as it will be buying.

motherinlaw.png

Nah, we are not all like that  :tongue:

Husband and I get what we can afford, when we can afford it, I never ask him how much he spends at Screwfix, Machine Mart, B&Q etc etc when the parcels arrive or he brings toys home, he never asks me, I like to think neither of us would go OTT with our purchases.

Nah, we are not all like that  :tongue:

Husband and I get what we can afford, when we can afford it, I never ask him how much he spends at Screwfix, Machine Mart, B&Q etc etc when the parcels arrive or he brings toys home, he never asks me, I like to think neither of us would go OTT with our purchases.

How it goes in our case as well, and how it should be in any normal relationship with sensible people   :smiley:

I sometime thing people would find it easier to tell the wife that they were having an affair than the fact that you have just spent the shopping money on eyepieces.

Nice move thought, look forward to the book on first lights

Alan

All I know I that anything I spend now pales into insignificance vs what my divorce cost me so I don't feel so bad!

The present Mrs Maksutov is far more understanding!!

Stu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the new 12inch dob im ordering next week is only costing £275.............. or so the wife thinks :evil:  :evil:  She gets her new camera lenses that cost hundreds of £ at a time so everyone is happy, she makes a living out of her photography so she says she NEEDS them, so its six of one and half a dosen of the other as far as im concerned :laugh:

Archived