Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_30_second_exp_2_winners.thumb.jpg.b5430b40547c40d344fd4493776ab99f.jpg

biondi

ED80 Finderscope and Guidescope?

Hi all,

I have a Skywatcher ED-80 Equinox with a Orion mini 50mm guidescope attached. My rather ridiculous problem is I don't currently have a Finderscope! I'm not sure how I can fit both a Finderscope and a guidescope to it? Can anyone who has a smallish refractor share how they set this up and what Finderscope they used please?

Many thanks,

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have an APM 80mm F/6 and haven't got a finder at all, because with a super wide-angle EP, I et more than 5 deg FOV.  Just inserting a suitable EP with crosshairs should convert the 50mm guide scope into a finder, if desired.

Hello there,

I had the very same issue.  Take a look at SCS Astro's website and search for "Orion Dual Finder Scope Mounting Bracket 10145".

I've just purchased one of these to use with  my Equinox 120 (and Equinox 80).  I'll be using it with my normal finderscope and an Orion 50mm guidescope.  Not had the chance to use it though yet.  To be honest, it isn't cheap for what it is, but looks like it will do the job.

Cheers

Monmouth3817

Thanks all, I'm sure that dual mount wasn't around a few months back. That's excellent :)

Cheers,

Matt

Hi all,

I have a Skywatcher ED-80 Equinox with a Orion mini 50mm guidescope attached. My rather ridiculous problem is I don't currently have a Finderscope! I'm not sure how I can fit both a Finderscope and a guidescope to it? Can anyone who has a smallish refractor share how they set this up and what Finderscope they used please?

Many thanks,

Matt

Do you only use the scope for imaging with a camera permanently attached ?

Hi Spikey, a lot of imaging recently but I want to do more visual without touching the guidescope really.

Hi Spikey, a lot of imaging recently but I want to do more visual without touching the guidescope really.

Ah not to worry then. I was going to suggest Astrotortilla.