SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Old Dog has landed 16MM T2 NAG

Daniel-K

Finally  after my failed twice to get this from out sorting office i been this morning to pick it up.heres some piccys. considering the age of this EP cosmetically shows a few signs of ware on the chrome barrel but the optics are A1! not much weight difference in the 18mm the NAG slightly the heavier one as with TV items build quality is of a very high standard. Also this has TAIWAN ROC on the barrel i have no idea if this good or bad if some knows please let me know

Dan

post-6284-0-54942900-1385111308_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-56400100-1385111331_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-13817700-1385111359_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-73005600-1385111377_thumb.jp

Very nice eyepiece  :smiley:

Tele Vue have used a Taiwan based manufacturer for some time now - all the Ethos and Delos eyepieces are Taiwan made for example. The plossls and T6 Naglers are still Japan made though.

Tele Vue's 100% quality check and very stringent manufacturing specifications help to ensure that their products don't disappoint.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Cheers

Bingevader: Founder member of the EMESAS (18mm ES appreciation society).  :grin:

I would not feel too bad as a fouding member :0),  there will/should be only one winner here I expect, especially in the off axis department above anything where they should be king, but for the price diff you would expect nothing less.  You could argue the other way around, bang for buck the ES is arguably better value and if I am not mistaken in some reviews I read they hold up very well in some areas of performance against TV.

The day I buy a Delos  or a Nagler and I find any area that disappoints I am going to throw a tantrum on this forum and complain bitterly  :D :D

I would not feel too bad as a fouding member :0),  there will/should be only one winner here I expect, especially in the off axis department above anything where they should be king, but for the price diff you would expect nothing less.  You could argue the other way around, bang for buck the ES is arguably better value and if I am not mistaken in some reviews I read they hold up very well in some areas of performance against TV.

The day I buy a Delos  or a Nagler and I find any area that disappoints I am going to throw a tantrum on this forum and complain bitterly  :D :D

LOL!just don't throw the EP! :grin:

...... there will/should be only one winner here I expect, especially in the off axis department above anything where they should be king, but for the price diff you would expect nothing less.  You could argue the other way around, bang for buck the ES is arguably better value and if I am not mistaken in some reviews I read they hold up very well in some areas of performance against TV.

The T2 Nagler is an older Tele Vue design now out of production. The ES is a current design and uses the latest coatings, glass types etc so may well compare very well with the T2 16mm Nagler or exceed it in some areas.

All eyepieces have their quirks whatever they cost - probably due to the fact that the users are all different in their preferences, tastes etc, etc. I can almost guarantee that you will find something about a Nagler or Delos that does not quite suit you - I've yet to try an eyepiece that is perfect in every way.

The T2 Nagler is an older Tele Vue design now out of production. The ES is a current design and uses the latest coatings, glass types etc so may well compare very well with the T2 16mm Nagler or exceed it in some areas.

All eyepieces have their quirks whatever they cost - probably due to the fact that the users are all different in their preferences, tastes etc, etc. I can almost guarantee that you will find something about a Nagler or Delos that does not quite suit you - I've yet to try an eyepiece that is perfect in every way.

You are right John, I don't doubt that, of course I was kind of stirring the pot a little bit and joking around :0)  I suspect though coatings aside and other things, I suspect the Nagler will win when it comes to sharpness off axis. Well lets await the review from Daniel, but without a CC it may be harder to appreciate that off axis performance in a faster scope anyway I suppose, as sharpness will be lost in in the outer field. 

I do have one of these and love it. in some ways it's better than the 13mm Ethos I also have, e.g. the moon. they have the same field roughly and sometimes the seeing does not quite allow use of the 13mm in my big dob. if you paid what I did (about £100) you really cannot go wrong. eye relief is often stated as being a bit tight on these and if you wear glasses to observe it probably is but it's more comfy than a T6.

Moonshane I paid £125 which was top end of my ebay bid. I don't ware glasses so im quite looking forward to comparing this against the 18mm es good to hear from a experienced visual observer that you like it gives me reassurance

Archived