Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Using 6.3 FR with Altair Lightwave 80ED f6.25

Hi all, I'm thinking of using my Altair Lightwave 80ED f6.25 with celestron 6.3 FR as I read that It should be ok, my question is what adapter that I need to connect the FR to the scope?

Thanks in advance.

Where did you read that as that is the wrong type for this scope.  I spoke to Altair to see which FF/FR would be best for this scope and was told the LW-0.8xRED is matched for our scope.  It connects with a 2" push  fit straight into your focuser and a T thread the other.

It works well as demonstrated below.  I nipped out as soon as I had got it and took this just to try it out along with the new Ha filter.

post-17671-0-58650700-1384899483_thumb.j

Where did you read that as that is the wrong type for this scope.  I spoke to Altair to see which FF/FR would be best for this scope and was told the LW-0.8xRED is matched for our scope.  It connects with a 2" push  fit straight into your focuser and a T thread the other.

It works well as demonstrated below.  I nipped out as soon as I had got it and took this just to try it out along with the new Ha filter.

attachicon.gifHH2_adj.jpg

Ok, Thanks for your help

From what i have seen the 0.63x SCT reducer/flattener doesn't work well on any scope (not even an SCT), a 0.8x reducer will be much better for your ED80 and will probably also work better than the 0.63x on your SCT

Archived