SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M13 and the 18MM ES 82 best ive ever seen

Daniel-K

i have just had the best view i have ever had of M13. the scope is left in the obsy so the mirror is always close to ambient and i had just redone my collimation so everything was as good as good could be. this is was the first time i was able to test my 18mm ES 82 deg properly and it has not failed! M13 was stunning  fully resolved to the core with obligatory propeller ( x ) in the middle the golden star colours that you see in the pictures were really evident it was just floating majestically across the FOV. ive never seen M13 like that before not even in my old 16" LB which to be fair i wasnt using top end EP's but neither budget ones. anyway me and my dobby are getting along just great :D if it can deliver a view like this from the edge of Liverpool i better take the drool buckets when i go to our dark site. felt like i needed to share this experience :D

Dan

Nice one Dan :)

Got to say I'm a little surprised though what with the moon being so full. 

Are you going to get to a dark site with the 14" around the next new moon? Looking forward to that report!

Mike the moon wasn't up above the house's. im quite lucky (not for long, moving soon) with the garden having nearly 360deg views. ive got plans in motion for a trip to wales on next new moon if the forecast is clear then im away :D

The bright globulars look superb with some aperture and magnification  :smiley:

I thought the "propeller" in M13 was a dark feature off to one side of the core though ?

humm really John i always thought it was the x of stars in the core? can anyone confirm what john is saying :)

Archived