Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet ISON with the Baby Q

Comet ISON - Friday 15th November, over Bakewell, England. This is (roughly) 15x1 min subs in each of RGB and 7x1 mins Lum with my Takahashi FSQ85 / Atik 460.

Tracking was done on the stars and the images processed separately - in DSS for the comet and Neb for the starfield. (DSS produced a disappointing result in it's 'stars and comet' mode).

I then processed in CS5 using a layer mask technique to blend in the comet over the starfield. It took a fair amount of processing but am pleased with the outcome, and even managed a few Virgo faint fuzzies.

Thanks for looking,

Simon

post-19510-0-58150900-1384852053_thumb.p

I truly awe inspiring image........... thanks for sharing.  

It is supposed to be clear tonight up our way (I am only over the hills from you in Wingerworth) but me thinks the moon would ruin any chances of a good image :confused: although I may have a look given your great piece of work.

I truly awe inspiring image........... thanks for sharing.  

It is supposed to be clear tonight up our way (I am only over the hills from you in Wingerworth) but me thinks the moon would ruin any chances of a good image :confused: although I may have a look given your great piece of work.

Many thanks everyone for the very kind comments. Everything seemed to fall into place nicely last Friday morning, plus I have the benefit of an almost flat horizon in that direction as I image from my first floor balcony  :laugh:

It's clear at the moment Andrew....I'm getting some Lum on M31 whilst the moon is away, but I fear the cloud and rain will scupper any ISON chances tomorrow morning.

Simon

I am currently getting some more data on the Veil, although that moon is probably washing it out.

Have got the footy on albeit knowing our luck neither will have that good an outcome, anyway you never know.

Clear skies and I look forward to seeing you m31 soon!

All the best

• 2 weeks later...

Archived