Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Moon Atlas 3D for Android

grzybu

Hi,

I was looking for some decent Moon atlas software for Android platform but without great success. There are some maps but not very detailed.
So I've made one by myself.

Features:

- it's free, but donations are appreciated
- high resolution moon surface map
- over 8000 craters
- Lunar 100 objects
- current lunar phase display
- Albedo mode to even light over the surface

I don't have google play developer account so you have to download and install if by yourself from: http://grzyboo.com/moonatlas.html

What do you think about? Is it worth of additional developing or it's waste of time?

Some screenshots:
moonatlas_screen1.jpg

moonatlas_screen4.jpg 

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can flip image horizontally so it will look like using diagonal. 

If there is such need I can add option to rotate image by 180deg. 

Of course in case of flipping image object descriptions have correct direction ;)

It looks useful, but personally I would not be willing to install an app from anything other than a well known app store for security reasons.  A Google Developer Account has $25 one-time only fee, which I guess is off-putting if you're only doing it for a hobby and giving the app away.  Have you considered the Amazon app store?  I don't know if they charge fees but it doesn't appear to be the case from the sign-up page.

Amazon store will cost even more. If there will be more people interested in this atlas I'll create google developers account. I just don't want to pay and then see 5 downloads because nobody but me needs this kind of software ;)

Amazon store is the option. I have to read about it more. If there will be more people interested in this atlas I'll create google developers account. I just don't want to pay and then see 5 downloads because nobody but me needs this kind of software ;)

Has any one got the app for the iPad , it's called moon HD . It tells you every thing on the moon. From craters , mountains , landings of NASA. Zoom in out and the detail is really good.

Have a look grzybu, it will give you ideas.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived