Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

And now for something completely differently....

DoctorD

Hi

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

When the moon's bright - image the the moon!!

Here's our nearest astronomical neighbour taken with my SW102MAK F3.3 reducer ad SDC435 video camera.

Image is a composite of two screen grabs, no editing (not even levels or colour balance), simply stitched together in GIMP. 

Managed to get about 3/4 of the moon on each frame.

Clear skies

Paul

Moon 18 11 13

Its pink ,, a just saw I five minute ago n it was white ..whit next a blue wan..or the hubble is real..lol..only kidding paul..I love moon images and observing it cany beat a 8" newt or bigger for tge views. .davy

I was trying out a new piece of software for my Mac - Easycap viewer and Camtwist.

Now have a portable 13" high res monitor that can do dark frame subtraction, AMP glow removal and other great things  - screen grabs are a doddle and I can even capture the video if I want.

Cannot automatically capture individual frames - have to capture the whole video or manually capture frames.

Easier than using Sharpcap with VMware  - all native OSx with a £4.99 capture dongle!

Paul 

Away man get yourself a pd1 I had mine on,, black n white though..sacrilege putting colour on moon oh natural mate...had it on in the flat 19 "tv ,,had ed80 on wae pd1 with 80mm focal tube and x2 barlow view was ok no so good on the big monitor

Archived