Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25.thumb.jpg.f1d5d01d306644f613efd90ef96b314c.jpg

cosmosboy

Comet Ison , spica , jupiter and its moons

Just an hour ago , looked at the spica with bino . comet ison was visible clearly very close to spica ( north west of it ) , its nucleus as a small globular cluster or a fuzzy big star , tail was visible too ( even if moon light was interfering ) . i think one can spot ison for another 4 or 5 days through binocular before it is lost in sun's glare .

saw jupiter , four big moons were clearly discernible . 3 in west to it and 1 to east .  superb sight

instrument celestron skymaster 15x70 bino

oh , i should have tried for comet lovejoy ! heard , it can be easily seen . hopefully weather holds well for tomorrow .

Very jealous, I'm too far north to see it

i think it still can be visible in edinburgh . but it does not attend favorable altitude for observation .

I try to but can't keep myself awake up till that time ! :D Nor I could get up that early ! 
But if I really want to see it I need to wake up in early dawn tomorrow ! :D