SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

T-ring for a Panasonic Lumix dmc LZ-20

daverave83

Good Afternoon,

I own a 200p Dob and brought a Panasonic Lumix DMC LZ-20 and was wondering if anyone knows what adaptor i would need to attach to the scope.

i believe it's a 3/4 thread but i am not 100 % sure.

Am i also correct that this would be afocal instead of prime focus? if so what would the quality be like for example Orion Nebula?

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks

dave

I think its the T to micro 4/3 adaptor if you check e-bay you should find lots of them very cheap, the ad should also list compatible cameras to make sure you have found the correct one. Using an adaptor like this will allow for prime focus photography (if your telescope can reach focus with a camera) you should be able to do solar system objects.

I just checked out your camera and what i said before is incorect, you have a bridge camera and would be limited to afocal imaging through the eyepiece you can get adjustable camera adaptors that hold the camera in the correct position check out the FLO website.

I just checked out your camera and what i said before is incorect, you have a bridge camera and would be limited to afocal imaging through the eyepiece you can get adjustable camera adaptors that hold the camera in the correct position check out the FLO website.

Thanks for this,

Which one on the FLO website would be compatible?

ta

dave

Hi these are the two i looked at cant be sure of the suitability for your setup, you might also find something similar on e-bay. It could be worthwhile doing a general google search on these products with your scope.

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/baader-microstage-clickstop-digital-camera-adapter.html

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/adaptors/skywatcher-universal-camera-adapter.html

Archived