SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

New logo, same company.

FLO

We have changed our company logo and the banner here at SGL. 

The change from 'First Light Optics' to FLO' is a recognition that just about everyone refers to us as FLO. 

Nothing else has changed. We are still the same company with the same people at the same address :smiley:

Thank-you, 

Steve 

logo.png?v=2013

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it :)  Definite improvement :)  I took the "O" as a lifebelt - a life-line representing the superb help and support FLO give when anything goes wrong :)

Should add - I have always thought the company name was very good :) 

And incidentally Flo was my mother's second name, short for Florence :)

Thank-you for your comments. It's a relief to know you like it :smiley:

Very effective, I like it.   :)

Good luck with the rebranding. Did you outsource the graphics work or was it in-house?

We planned to produce a rough outline in-house then give it to a graphics designer for some spit and polish. But then we thought our rough outline didn't looked too bad, so that is what we are using today. 

No 50% off deals with the relauch then?  ;)

Eeeerrr……  :smiley:

That "O" doesn't look collmated to me :grin:

Where are the mirror clips too  :D.

And it's a rather large secondary obstruction  :grin:

I confess we did get a little OCD over that. We experimented with technically accurate diagrams with a sensibly sized secondary positioned slightly back from the focuser (we even drew a focuser!) but they all looked odd. In the end we thought 'what the heck, it's only a logo'. 

We planned to produce a rough outline in-house then give it to a graphics designer for some spit and polish. But then we thought our rough outline didn't looked too bad, so that is what we are using today. 

You have a talented graphic designer in your midst, well done. :) Saved yourself a heckuvalotta money too.

I think they are just having some fun, entering into the spirit of the Doctor Who 50th anniversary. They are also sporting Dr Who avatars. I doubt anyone would mind and they'll probably be celebrating something else before long :smiley:

Archived