Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

1st image of Tycho

Sandancer10

My first posting using a Philips Webcam SNC 900, stacked in Autostakkert!2 and processed in Registax 5.

I have never seen the Moon close up before and I was blown away last night when I saw this image appear on my laptop. It's the sort of thing I have always dreamed of, to be able to bring heavenly objects closer instead of seeing them as far away and remote. I am really addicted to this hobby now and look forward to be able to take much better photo's as my experience grows.

:smiley:  :smiley:  :smiley:

Funny thing is Todd, I have never used the DSLR for video.  This webcam only does Planetry stuff and I will (when funds allow) buy a CCD camera.   I have gotten some half decent photo's from the 600D, but  do you know if I can capture DSO using the video on the DSLR? Any help much appreciated.

Brenda  :smiley:

Hi there why do video with the 600d ? Use it in manual mode raw for the moon and take loads may be set the size of the image to small so they will stack or medium or they will not stack ,I use my dslr for moon stuff works great if you do use full size images they may not stack you will have to convert them to JPEG ( I hear all the sighs with loss of data and all the rest ) and stack them just the other night I stacked some 600d moon images here's the result it will be trail and error with the ISO and time .250 sec is a good starting place use live view to frame and get every thing right and snap away try just say 5 / 10 to start with .use registax 5 it's a lot better for the beginner than r6

It's all about focus as we'll try the best you can it better to slightly under expose as well as it's easier to lighten a image than it is to darken ,and remember the moon as color as well so try that side of things give it ago and you will get what you image wise the moons great and often overlooked for glossy hi res false color dso images

Pat

post-9980-0-20459900-1384608599_thumb.jp

Archived