Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter GRS & a bunch of moons.

Space Cowboy

Europa, Ganymede & Callisto to be exact with Ganymede's shadow.

Well worth getting up at 3.30am although seeing was not the best (very twitchy) trans was excellent until cloud spoilt the fun after 25 mins. Managed to grab 2 colour and 2 mono reds. Here is a quick colour cam shot processed. 1.5x drizzle downsized 75% QHY5L-ll colour cam with 3x tv.

gallery_4016_230_27955.png

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys!

Got a better one than this, the very first colour avi is better and am hoping the mono red after it is also good. Seeing seemed to go off as the cloud moved in. Annoyingly the capture software crashed twice at the start wasting 10 mins else I'd had a couple more shots in the best seeing.

You are right Neil the GRS is much more vivid this year.

Great image Stuart lovely processing you have done well because the seeing was not playing ball that's for sure, I packed up around 4ish due to almost foggy conditions just glad I got up earlier and caught the transit always a bonus!

Thanks Rihard!

Cheers Darryl the one on CN was from a different day. :smiley:

Here is an earlier shot taken at 4.46 UT with the GRS dead centre. Again colour cam as above.

gallery_4016_230_55019.png

Prefer this one, think the extra scale works well. A nice capture. Bet it feels good to be finally getting some good results. So much for that jet stream forcast. what gives with that ? as it was over the intire UK from what the map showed.  Though at my location. it was actually rubbish seeing ?

You know after this result, not sure about trusting jet stream forcasts Stuart.

Thanks Neil its pot luck with the weather as the cloud that stopped me after 25 mins was not forecast else I'd have got a nice animation.

Yep I prefer this scale too. The red mono shots I took are not really adding much to the images so I prefer the straight colour shots though may post a straight mono one too.

Using low gain is for sure the best way with this cam as I'm stacking far fewer frames without worrying about noise. The problem with stacking a huge amount of noisy frames is the extra sharpening needed which results in coarse detail.

Thanks Rihard!

Cheers Darryl the one on CN was from a different day. :smiley:

Here is an earlier shot taken at 4.46 UT with the GRS dead centre. Again colour cam as above.

Heh-hee.....I've just been looking at CN and thought about this thread over there - you're right, it must've been another thread...oh well, I am getting old..! :grin:

Archived