SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Melotte 15

Shibby

It was nice and clear all night Tuesday, therefore I'm still recovering from lack of sleep!

My main target was the centre of the Heart nebula / Melotte 15, for which I pushed my sub length to 15 minutes for the first time. I hoped this would improve the dynamic range and I think it has to some extent, but I'm not used to processing images with signal in them!

17x900s in Ha

Atik 428ex

150PDS

gallery_5051_1080_412651.jpg

And combined with ~30x240s DSLR colour taken previously.

gallery_5051_1080_54753.jpg

Thanks guys. Yes Rob, the old girl copes very well. Once I tweaked the polar alignment it game me a wonderfully flat guide graph so I opted for the longer subs.

There is some coma visible, I guess this is because my corrector spacing is still wrong...

Not sure about tonight... looks windy & moony, so the pub might trump ;)

Coma? I hadnt spotted any, but in your far corners there are a couple of iffy stars (if you look really close). Are you sure you have measured it right? Even if you were couple of mm out you should be fine with your chip size.

Ive had a look at the sky too and its not looking great (quite soupy), but I need to get out and test this pimped 130pds to see if I get the fully corrected field Ive only been getting in fits and starts so far (hopefully now eliminated).

Archived