Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_dslr_mirrorlesss.thumb.jpg.5b348d6a5e7f27bdcb79e9356b7fc03b.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
MikeP

East / Mid Kent / Southern M25 Meetup

Since I live in the area, I’m trying to organise a local meet somewhere in the Oxted, East Grinstead, Crawley area. If you responded to one of Kai Herb’s earlier "East / Mid Kent" and "Southern M25 Meetup" posts I’ve PM’d you to alert you to this post, but all are welcome.

I'm assuming the following:

• [li]we’ll meet at a country rather than town pub[/li]
    [li]somewhere big enough to sit together in the bar plus decent car parking[/li]
    [li]bar snacks available and good beer of course[/li]
    [li]meet Sunday lunchtime and or afternoon[/li]

While I'm looking for a pub (it’s a tough job …), there are some things I need to know:

• [li]which dates can you make in January - 13th, 20th, 27th?[/li]
    [li]will you be reliant on public transport?[/li]
    [li]are you happy to chip in for “nibbles”?[/li]
    [li]any strong preferences for location in the “triangle” proposed?[/li]

The reason for the final question is to see whereabouts in the area is most suitable. A number have said Crawley is good, but some will be travelling from London and East Kent, so Oxted/Godstone/Bletchingley ie near to M25 junction 6 may be better.

Hopefully we can arrange something mutually acceptable but ultimately it will be a compromise, so please be as flexible as possible.

Mike

Mike,

I don't think any of those locations would be a problem for me. As to the dates, I don't think I have a conflict on any of them, but I'd have to check with the holder of the family diary.

Mike

I can make the 20/27th.

My preference is for the Godstone area.

Cheers

Ian

Those dates sound fine to me Crawley/East Grinstead is not too far away.

cheers

Sam

OK,

Let's rule out 13th, so it will be 20th or 27th. There's a couple of people who haven't posted yet, so I'll wait to see if they have a preference.

Meantime, lunator has a preference for the Godstone area. Lightbucket said "Crawley/East Grinstead is not too far away" - would Godstone be OK for you Lightbucket? How about you others who have not expressed a preference?

Mike

Godstone is ok, it's just under an hour according to google maps.

Sam