Delos Eyecup

Naemeth

"The eyeguard housing is made of two pieces. To loosen and move it, grasp a grip ring with each hand and twist the lower grip ring to the left. When the eyeguard is sufficiently loose you can slide it up the barrel. To tighten, again grasp both grip rings and twist the lower portion of the eyeguard housing."

Instructions here:

http://www.televue.com/pdf/literature/Delos%20Eyepiece%20Instructions.pdf

Have fun!

I believe the whole top section of the eyepiece moves up and down with a sort of twist and lock action. I don't think the rubber eye cup is separately adjustable though, apart from being able to roll it down. 

With my Pentax XW's I found I needed the top section in the uppermost position to avoid blackouts. This is consistent with the instructions that Pentax provide with the eyepieces. For those who wear glasses when viewing the lower positions are recommended.

That's right, just as Luke says. Twist the two halves of the upper body and when it has loosened it will slide freely. I normally use in the highest position, same as the XW's. No blackouts then

Stu

Many thanks, Luke especially. I've figured it out and should no longer have any blackouts - my eye should be in the right place every time. Just like the Panoptic :D

Do the Delos come with a pupil guide ?. Radians and some other TV models come with this device which is a black plastic disk with a hole in the center. The idea is that you keep it fitted over the eye lens and it makes sure that your eye is in just the right place.

Do the Delos come with a pupil guide ?. Radians and some other TV models come with this device which is a black plastic disk with a hole in the center. The idea is that you keep it fitted over the eye lens and it makes sure that your eye is in just the right place.

Nope, haven't noticed one with either the 12mm or 14mm.

Don't worry I did the same thing but I got mine when they first came out and there wasn't anyone to tell me, can you believe I read the instuctions?

John,

There is no pupil guide with Delos, I have just got one with my 3mm Rad and I believe the 12mm Nagler has one as well, I don't use them so if you ever need one I will send it to you.

Alan

I have to admit that it did not occur to me to read the instructions (Sarah told me what to do after I said I had blackout). I mean, do you really need to read instructions on how to use an eyepiece? Apparently so :grin:

For me I have zero blackout with the barrel extended the full length, I find it a very comfy eyepiece. :smiley:

Man or mouse, men don't read intstuctions. pass the cheese please.

The first Televue I got with a similar arrangement was a 10mm Radian, I would not have known about that if the thing had not extrended under it's own weight when I picked it up by the top.

Alan

The Delos system I like very much, and actually the one in the radians works well too. Not so keen on the one on the t4's, always seems quite stiff and awkward.

As far as instructions go, I start off a man, but all too often end up a mouse if I can't work it out!!

Stu

Stu,

I like them to have that bit of stiffness, The 12mm Nag I have seems fine but the 10mm Radian I had was far too easliy moved and the new 3mm is much the same. The 4mm and 5mm have are absolutely perfect though the Delos system is by far the best design I have seen on an eyepiece.

I will send you some cheese.

Alan.

That sounds like a line Frankie Howerd himself could have uttered.....

I know what you mean about the radians being a little too easy to move, and agree that the Delos system is the best they have done so far.

I shall await the delivery of the cheese :-)

Stu

All these instructions, didn't bother with them. I realise I probably should have now :rolleyes:.

I did the same with the Starsense, I couldn't get it to store the alignment at fist so I read the instructions and bam all was good :smiley:

I have found that pushing the eyecap back on the eyeglass end often pushes the eyeguard setting back down as well.  I don't like to do them up too tight (my dad's an engineer and brought me up to believe that nothing needs to be 'super' tight, and nothing should ever need to be forced) but I do, in my opinion, do them very tight.  I could put on an extra 1/8th - 1/16th of a turn possibly.

I have found that pushing the eyecap back on the eyeglass end often pushes the eyeguard setting back down as well.  I don't like to do them up too tight (my dad's an engineer and brought me up to believe that nothing needs to be 'super' tight, and nothing should ever need to be forced) but I do, in my opinion, do them very tight.  I could put on an extra 1/8th - 1/16th of a turn possibly.

My Mrs says I'm super tight :smiley:  and that I have to be forced to do any housework :grin:

Archived