SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 7789 and a few others

Daniel-K

got home from work  @ 6:20 had a quick shower and what not dragged the 350p out of the obsy about 7ish  so it was already cool installed my new telrad (oh how ive missed you) even though the moon was up i had a cracking view of m31 the core was really bright no dust lanes due to the moon :( m57 showed a green tinge in the 2" SW 24mm. while over in cygnus i had to have a look at albario which as always is stunning. i failed in finding M76 one i need for my list with the cloud coming and going i had a drink and it cleared up after 10 min so the found the blue snowball with the 24mm EP wow what a cracking PN this is which the power of this 350p it was very easy to see sometimes ive struggled to find this in smaller scopes it showed off a fabulous turquoise greeny color. i manged m38 just above the roof tops in auriga which again in the 24mm was huge!the high light though was finding NGC7789 WOW it like the wild duck! jam packed full of stars this has become a favorite for me now, ive got a thing for open clusters some people may not like them but i find them stunning especially when you find ones like this ive attached an image from wiki of how it looks. i was hoping to try out my 18mm ES that i bought from MIKE73 but my wife missed the damn posted man :mad:  so even though i had a sub par EP to use for a few hours i still had fun. my flocking paper is here and my carry matt on the way so plenty of modding to do over my next 4 days off. seriously cant wait to get this thing out to our dark site in wales!

Dan

post-6284-0-62800500-1384291701_thumb.jp

Nice one, NGC 7789 is a stunning open cluster, the extent of which was a pleasant suprise to myself to when first observed with my then 300p flextube. I understand the similarity you refer to - as being a subtle version of M11. Good account for a moonlite night, enjoy the scope.

Archived