Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help required

Jon, as you will have gathered, these are hot pixels. Using Software like Nebulosity, MaxIm, AstroArt etc. you will find a hot pixel mapping and removing tool to remove these before you stack the individual subframes. Foe now, use the 'healing' brush or clone tool in your image processing software to remove them.

Jon, as you will have gathered, these are hot pixels. Using Software like Nebulosity, MaxIm, AstroArt etc. you will find a hot pixel mapping and removing tool to remove these before you stack the individual subframes. Foe now, use the 'healing' brush or clone tool in your image processing software to remove them.

Thanks all,

Steve you mentioned maxim can remove these, is this done as the images are captured or can be done on individual subs post capture, I've never had this issue with the qhy8 but the sx 26 c seems to be a bit different :-(

Cheers Jon

MaxIm does have its own built in bad pixel removal tool. You produce a 'map' of the bad pixels which you store for future use and then apply this map to your raw subs BEFORE you de-Bayer them. It is very important that the bad pixels are removed before aligning and stacking.

Sent from my iPhone from somewhere dark .....

There is a plugin for Maxim called RC Console. This can remove hot pixels and do sigma clipping to remove satellite trails. You can download it for free here: http://www.rc-astro.com/resources/rc_console.html

I didn't realise there was anyone else using this plug-in ! It may be old and originally designed as a tool to fix a problem that in the main no longer exists but I've found it works very well. I've never quite got Maxim's BPM to work for me. It seems to be ok when combined with SD mask but the RC console tool works best. 

Not all the plug-in seems to be useful so I wouldn't recommend pressing every button. Worth downloading and playing with,

Dave.

Archived