Clear Skies Tonight

Pig

A bit variable here too. Initially I abandoned ship with some moon viewing, went to bed quite  early had a few hours sleep in between and got up early instead. Viewing was quite good for DSOs, some new targets bagged, but planets and high mag were a bit of a boiling pot. My first impression of mars wasn't very impressive owing to the conditions more than anything else I felt. Orion Neb through UHC and satellite cluster NGC2244 and surrounding probably the highlights. M81/M82 were very high in the sky at this point in the early hours, some good views of that, even M51 gave a half decent showing from my backyard, and around Leo I spotted a few things yet to be identified and a new area of sky I am yet to get to grips with. Don't you hate when you end up with a target  near that area and not sure what it is, not having a chart at that time not helping and just relying on prep work beforehand  :smiley:

I'll stop, but it was a quite a list goodies, but having bagged about 4 - 5 hours sleep in between not in the best (writing) form.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived