Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I've been poking around and maybe I'm just not looking in the right spot but what kind of cases do some of you use for transport? Some places I've looked online want more for a case then I spent on my scope. I don't have to travel very far to get to the best viewing areas around here but I don't just want to toss my baby in the back seat and head off down the road. Any tips and tricks for transport?

I think a lot of people so just that, wrap them in a duvet of something similar, pop then on the back seat and strap them in!

I do have a case for my Mak which I picked up from work but there are not so many around on the market at reasonable prices. Proper flight cases tend to be costly.

Stu

I had my 8" reflector rapped in a duvet on the floor of my trailor tent for 250 miles (some of which was pretty bumpy) and it needed no more than a little tweek. no more than I've had to do carrying it from the shed to the garden (30 yds). They really are pretty resilient :D

• 3 months later...

A case would depend on, where your going, and what type of protection you need to get there and when you are there.

With my reflector i dont have a case, and use some foam to stop it moving around, it doesnt offer much protection and only a little absorbsion of bumps. A case for a reflector is probably going to cost just because of the size you would need, but you could always look at a bag + lined with foam, which maybe give you the protection you need (something ive been considering)

For smaller items, if you have expensive pieces you might want a decent case, in my case i was trying to find cases with comparable protection to peli cases, short, dust proof and water proof. There all just as expensive but i plan on getting one as it will hold almost 1k worth of equipment, well worth a £100 case. if you dont need that kind of protection the maplins flight case is highly recommended here ive noticed.

If you have some spare wood, time and tools you can always fabricate your own. I knocked this case up for my scope last night. Works a treat. Maybe a bit heavy for all its holding, but I'm a big strong lad, I can cope ;)

post-34870-0-31030000-1393697235_thumb.j

post-34870-0-53856100-1393697252_thumb.j

If you have some spare wood, time and tools you can always fabricate your own. I knocked this case up for my scope last night. Works a treat. Maybe a bit heavy for all its holding, but I'm a big strong lad, I can cope ;)

Doing the same for my scope this week.

Archived