Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Canon, Japenese models

jambouk

Hi James, No difference at all in the spec, the only issue is that Canon may/will not support a warranty claim for a "grey import", ie not sold/distributed from a UK retailer if you need to claim.

If you are looking to save money and are happy with the grey import tag then try a company like Panamoz who cover the duty/VAT in their price and provide a 2yr UK warranty.

Their claims are managed by a UK repair house although I have not needed to claim on any item I've previously purchased from them. Google them and read the reports of others who have used them and have needed support for evidence of the good service they provide in relation the warranty support. There are lots of camera forums with happy purchasers.

http://panamoz.com/index.php/digital-cameras/canon/canon-eos-6d-digital-camera-body-only.html

This link may prove interesting especially if you use the bank transfer discount.

Their bank is a UK branch of HSBC.

I purchased a 5D MkIII from them and saved £700 over UK prices by watching their price gradually dropping.

Have also purchased a 64Gb ipad and some smaller cheaper items including lenses and mobile phones.

Incidentally lenses are covered by UK warranty even if grey imports

First class service.

Tony

Archived