SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings Everyone

mark-5248

Hi There,

Name is Mark,

New to astronomy, well last time I looked through a telescope was nigh on 40 years ago, so definately have to start again,  after seeing a stargazing app on a friends IPAD, got my interest renewed,  took a few shots of the moon ,   and have now taken delivery of my first telescope a few days ago, not had it out yet, Bought a Skywatcher Dobsonian 200p, after getting some advice from First light, who incidentally gave me the heads up on this forum, sent the guys at First Light an email asking for advice on first Telescope, not having a clue I asked if they could suggest something I could stick my camera on and shoot away, (my main hobby is military aviation photography) ,  well, the info I got back soon made me realise that that there was a bit more to it than that, my intitial thought was to get something with a goto set-up (google is a dangerous place) which made it all look easy , but luckily I asked for advice first, and realistically " run before walk" came to mind, so I have my 200P,  and a post on here, that I read covered almost a similar scenario, suggested a Telrad, so I have one of those and a Moon filter to get me started. 

All ready have a few questions in my mind, but won`t bore you know :-)

Cheers All

Mark

First attempt at shooting the moon attached

post-32833-0-44284800-1384084759_thumb.j

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome  SGL Mark - Nice moon pic!! If you are thinking of any imaging, then can I suggest getting hold of the book 'Making Every Photon Count' that you can get from the book section of the FLO website. It will really help you understand what you need and why. If you want to get into DSO photography then you are going to need a good GEM mount, especially with the 200P.

Have a look in the imaging section and people usually put capture information with their images so you can get an idea of what works best.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Archived