Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

350P Meet Danny :)

today i took a trip with my friend up the M62 to pick up the new addition. the 350p flexi tube. since selling my 16" ive been after another big dob and this ticked all the boxes so i manged a decent trade. so upon arrival i was meet by two young brothers  nice lads. so after we had a little chat it was time to inspect the scope. when i was to do so they told me they had removed the mirror :Envy:  i though oh no why! but they just had the best interest of the scope in mind and did not want it transported in the scope. so i said can please see the mirror hummm....they had taken the mirror out the OTA but with the mirror cell still in place :confused: so i had to check the mirror and upon checking the mirror i could see it had been cleaned  so i asked them how it was cleaned as there was smear marks on the mirror lucky there dad had done a reasonable job  no scratches or missing coatings .so i explained that optics can be very dirty before they need cleaning ETC ETC so after a little chat about does and donts we agreed a swap im happy with the scope. the base is put together rather nicely compared to other dob bases ive had and can be dismantled in a few minutes  it weighs a fair bit but not as much as the 16" i use to have and it fits in my focus nicely too :) the only thing i dont like is the silver locking things for the truss's but im sure theres a mod there somewere. time too collimate :D cant wait to go to a dark sky and go faint glob hunting!!

post-6284-0-10116700-1384014737_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-51826700-1384014762_thumb.jp

post-6284-0-26694400-1384014778_thumb.jp

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

grats Danny :) the base weights a ton thats for sure,but other than that the scope is very nice.My one is sitting outside cooling at the moment so i am hoping to have my first light tonight. 

Clear skies and great that it worked out for you!

yeah thanks for the heads up !!!!! :D

Danny , you're going to need a BIGGER house !!

:) Having said that you can always leave that dob in my office ! Rob

Rob your going to have to make some time and come for a night with the dob. no room in your office with all your goodies in there!!

Base of 350p Does NOT fit through any standard Uk doors. Base diameter is around 32 inches where UK door frames are 28.

Be aware of that before committing to by this beast.

There are 12 knob screws to dismantle /assemble the base and all in all it takes literally 5 mins to dismantle,carry pieces out and assemble.i found it easy.

Base of 350p Does NOT fit through any standard Uk doors. Base diameter is around 32 inches where UK door frames are 28.

Be aware of that before committing to by this beast.

There are 12 knob screws to dismantle /assemble the base and all in all it takes literally 5 mins to dismantle,carry pieces out and assemble.i found it easy.

Thanks for that Dude

my doors in my house are wide enough but there not in the new house but in the new house it will have to be stored in the OBS.

the 12 Knobs that hold the base together is a cracking idea makes life so much easier when you want to get it in the car!

To be perfectly honest Dan I am well impressed with the quality of build of the 14".Either there have been some changes within Synta or god knows what,but I was unable to find anything I dislike I this scope,apart of MDF used for base what makes it stupidly heavy.my base with all the go-to weights a whopping 60kg!

I will be doing a new post with pics etc about this scope in a couple of days,as there is nothing about it anywhere .

To be perfectly honest Dan I am well impressed with the quality of build of the 14".Either there have been some changes within Synta or god knows what,but I was unable to find anything I dislike I this scope,apart of MDF used for base what makes it stupidly heavy.my base with all the go-to weights a whopping 60kg!

I will be doing a new post with pics etc about this scope in a couple of days,as there is nothing about it anywhere .

60KG i think my meade 16" weighed that alone lol! it was fair chunk but nothing has even come close to the night me and my buddy had in the forest and bagged over 30 NGC galaxy's in a few hours.

Steve, I've got your coat if you need it.  :D

Lovely scopes, aren't they Daniel? :) I like those silver locking screws as they are very handy in preventing the truss system from crashing down on my head. Watch those black tiny thumbscrews next to the silver screws; don't loosen them too much.... they are spring loaded with a ballbearing inside (which causes the clicking sound when the trusses are extended to their full height.) Don't ask me how I know this. :D

Are you getting a shroud for it?

Steve, I've got your coat if you need it.  :D

Lovely scopes, aren't they Daniel? :) I like those silver locking screws as they are very handy in preventing the truss system from crashing down on my head. Watch those black tiny thumbscrews next to the silver screws; don't loosen them too much.... they are spring loaded with a ballbearing inside (which causes the clicking sound when the trusses are extended to their full height.) Don't ask me how I know this. :D

Are you getting a shroud for it?

lol thanks for the tip :D

Sure, you're gonna get some of the best views you've ever seen with arguably the most user friendly scope you'll ever use, but honestly.... are you really happy?

Too flippin' right you are :D

wishing you some clear skies Daniel and look forward to reading of your experiences.

Scott

Archived