Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_beauty_night_skies.thumb.jpg.2711ade15e31d01524e7dc52d15c4217.jpg

nightfisher

Saddleworth star camp

Hi folk,i decided to pop up and check the site out for a few hours last night and although it was a little breezy the skies cleared nicely from 10 o'clock.I met up with Phil and also met Mike,

Dave & Pat..

Pat got his 10 "Dob setup and we enjoyed good views of M44 & M13 with his 16 mm nagler,jupiter & mars where bopping around alot and we got a peek of saturn before i left for home.

All in all it was well worth the trip and great to meet some new faces.

The skies were better than i expected and on a calm clear nite it would be a great place to stargaze,good find Jules!

Look forward to any future events.

Clear skies.

Kenny

Yes I agree don't be discouraged Jules we are all used to astronomy in what is probably the most difficult area of the country yet we stick at it.

Maybe a sheltered valley next time

Nice pics Mike, at least you got a scope set up, not beating myself up over this, just selling all my gear and giving astro up  :grin:

seriously, i will be going back, will hire a pod and take the Mak for a planet fest

O to last Friday, Guys. Could not be more of a contrast compared with tonite. Ho Hum !!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.