SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Saddleworth star camp

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Times moving nicely, before we know it this event will be taking place, it will be great to meet up with some old friends, and really good to meet up with people new.

we are getting close to the max 20 people, only about 6 places left now

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to arrive about mid day on the friday, and i think Marki will be getting there about same sort of time, if he can make this event. Not sure what time other people will arrive

Just remembered I haven't actually booked yet - doh! Will give them a ring tomorrow and hopefully all will be well. I aim to get there around midday on the Friday 25th April as well. I assume everyone is leaving on the sunday, or is anyone staying on a bit?

Now, which scope shall I take...:)

Hi - Just stumbled onto this - I have just bought my first telescope as I live at Moorlands so this event will be a great introduction for me. Looking forward to seeing you all here.

Pete

Hi I have just bought a Skywatcher 150P reflector. Getting to grips with the eqatoial mount and the counter weights! Think I`ve got it now. Be good to get some practical advice.

Pete

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Nightfisher - have you stayed at Moorlands before. The site is exposed with good viewing, which prompted me to get a telescope. There are lights to all hook up posts which may be a problem. The camping field at the back will be dark. Have you spoken with Steve/Peter the owners to arange the group?

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk 2

I took a drive up to saddleworth to visit moorlands, have a look round and a face to face chat with Pete.

We decided the back field will be the spot where we stage this, very close to the toilet/shower facility, this field has superb views, and all the surrounding towns will/should be screened by the hills, this field has 20 pitches, not all with EHU but we can share this out a little, the EHU will have to work on first come first served so to speak, though they are adding more hook ups. 

There will be a MAX of 20 people, we may have trouble taking cars into the camp field, if its been wet we will have to park just outside the field and walk gear into the camp area (very short walk) if its been dry for a while we can take cars onto field to unload, if this is the case i will supervise vehicles on and of.

I have taken a few jpegs to show the area a little

post-8850-0-40280600-1395252482_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-43068000-1395252525_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-92533500-1395252561_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-40645500-1395252607_thumb.jp

post-8850-0-89883400-1395252645_thumb.jp

Good idea Marki..........here we go:

Nightfisher

Marki

Moonshane

Dafman

Philphy

Raga

Adamw

Mikeobrian

Moriniboy

Daniel-k

Plodge  (non camping?)

Maybe`s....

Jason 71

Telescope40

Hi Guys.  Fraid I am still a maybe.  Guess wot.  I have a wedding on the saturday - typical.  Will upate when can.    Apologies. 

JOHN

John, we will try to save you a place but with a wedding to attend sounds like it might be difficult for you 

Yes Jules. Could be tricky as attending a wedding after a potenial ALL Nighter could be problomatic.  May work on calling by  on the Friday nite to see how things are going  ( bring my kit )  but departing for some kip at a sensible hour  ?

I'll keep you posted.

john

Archived