Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Liverpool...

FeynGuy

Hello my names Guy and i'm from Liverpool. I am just on the verge of purchasing my first telescope, which i must say i'm extremely excited. I look forward to learning as much as possible from the experts! O and the username, Richard Feynman is personal hero of mine and my names Guy... 'FeynGuy'. Yep not as witty as i originally thought haha!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guy and welcome to SGL.

As Gina said, you have found the right place here. There is defenetly something here for everyone.

Have you decided on a particular scope and mount set yet or are you still looking???

Keep looking up.

Well the 'scope that has caught my eye is the Skywatcher Explorer 200p but i have seen a used celestron C8N Advanced Series on ebay, which may end up closer to my budget. I've went from a £100 budget too one that includes the skywatcher 200p at a push, my main aim really is to be able to produce some half decent images using a webcam possibly of the brighter DSO's. Am i going down the right lines? Thanks for all the welcomes, it's great to be able to speak to like minded individuals!

Well the 'scope that has caught my eye is the Skywatcher Explorer 200p but i have seen a used celestron C8N Advanced Series on ebay, which may end up closer to my budget. I've went from a £100 budget too one that includes the skywatcher 200p at a push, my main aim really is to be able to produce some half decent images using a webcam possibly of the brighter DSO's. Am i going down the right lines? Thanks for all the welcomes, it's great to be able to speak to like minded individuals!Where

Guy where in Liverpool are you based? I am near to Alder Hey Hospital and a member of the Liverpool A.S. Have a think about coming along to our observatory at Cronton. We can have a good chat about web cams, telescopes and perhaps give you the chance to try out a couple of scopes before spending your cash :-)

Guy where in Liverpool are you based? I am near to Alder Hey Hospital and a member of the Liverpool A.S. Have a think about coming along to our observatory at Cronton. We can have a good chat about web cams, telescopes and perhaps give you the chance to try out a couple of scopes before spending your cash :-)

I'm based in Bootle. As luck would have it a fellow student in my college is a member who is willing to give me a lift this Wednesday! I have the chance to buy a Celestron C8-N Advanced series on ebay for about £300 with a set of celestron eyepieces, I don't know whether i should go for it or not as it ends tomorrow?

Hi Guy and welcome to SGL.  The mount is important if you are also interested in Astro Photography, so make sure you take that into account and it means you won't need to upgrade the mount at a later stage.

Happy Stargazing.

Brenda

Archived