SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My NEW Helios Apollo 15X70mm & Orion Bino/Parallelogram Mount Set Up!!

Matt2011

Thanks Buddy , The mount with tripod I got from SCS ASTRO.COM and cost me altogether with a Stargazing with Binoculars book for £230 but you don't have to buy the tripod with it and you can get it without the tripod also.  http://www.scsastro.co.uk/catalogue/orion-paragon-plus-binomount-and-tripod.htm Brilliant mount and cannot fault it and portable and steady! :):smiley:

Thanks guys, The set up works quite well and you can adjust it to suit your needs and your height and of coarse comfort and I am able to stand up and loosen all the clamps on the mount and sweep around the sky from left to right and up and down and once I fix an object through the eyepieces then I can easily tighten up the clamps. The mount I would say is portable and not overly heavy and the legs can extend too and a very sturdy mount, Only the first time last night using it which was brief to adverse weather conditions. The ladder was left out after a neighbour had borrowed it and left it the back garden, I am about 6ft 2 myself so no worries there getting to the eyepiece ha ha  :grin:  :laugh:

I think the next thing on my shopping list will be one of those chairs, that thing looks the business Matt!

I'm looking forward to having a crack at Ison, that is if I can manage to haul myself out of bed one morning!

Many thanks Damo, Yeah the reclining chair came from ebay and they are plentiful and comfortable too and cost me £30, Well worth it and will be adding a cushion to it as well, Just hope I don't fall asleep while observing the heavens with so much comfort mate. Comet Ison and Comet Lovejoy are going to be awesome, Not sure what time they will be visible and if they are visible at the moment. :) 

Thanks guys for the feedback on my new set up and have to say so far its been a joy and no problems with neck strain or anything and have seen many deep sky objects in the Messier catalogue and comet lovejoy which is in Canes Venacti is a delight. The set up is very sturdy and portable and can adjust it to your own comfort, It is a little pricy for some but well worth shelling out for and would make a huge difference in your binocular astronomy, Need to get a small hairdryer to plug in to my Skywatcher powertank to get rid of the dew. Astronomy 365.com sells them. The reclining chair is a must and have sat and layed on the chair with the Helios Apollo 15x70s and its been exceptional and much more comfortable when holding them while your laying back on the chair as you can adjust the chair to actually laying right down like you would a bed and its a pleasure. Check my previous comments above for details on where I got my mount and reclining chair. :)

Re hairdryers: They are usually (but not always) significantly cheaper when bought from camping outlets as "hair dryers" than when bought from an astronomy outlet as a "dew gun". (Mine was £3.27 at a local camping place; I saw it advertised for as much as £12.99 in astro mags.)

Re hairdryers: They are usually (but not always) significantly cheaper when bought from camping outlets as "hair dryers" than when bought from an astronomy outlet as a "dew gun". (Mine was £3.27 at a local camping place; I saw it advertised for as much as £12.99 in astro mags.)

Cheers Binocular Sky, I went on to the 365Astronomy site and they are asking £15.00 and £22.00 as there are 2 of them. might check online to see if I can get a hair dryer or a portable one cheaper. Thanks :)

Archived