Vixen SLV Eyepieces

Naemeth

I am assuming

見掛視界                       means apparent FOV

50度                             means 50 deg
アイレリーフ                   means eye relief
差込径                          means barrel diameter

See, Japanese isn't that hard :D

That makes the specs near identical to the old LVs. Maybe they have upgraded the coatings.

... with google translate.  I certainly don't understand Japanese ( though the numbers in it speak for themselves),  but I guess some of us must just be mutli-multilingual  :smiley:

edit:  I see, too late for my reply but that version of Japanese :D

I am assuming

見掛視界                       means apparent FOV

50度                             means 50 deg

アイレリーフ                   means eye relief

差込径                          means barrel diameter

See, Japanese isn't that hard :D

That makes the specs near identical to the old LVs. Maybe they have upgraded the coatings.

A different language isn't hard to learn parts of when you are browsing a familiar subject like this. I regularly go on TS and don't bother changing it to English, I can find everything just fine in German :D. If you asked me, however, to read most of what it says before the table, I'd be lost without Google Translate ;).

I think you are right Michael, they will be the LVs with up (graded / dated)  coatings.

• A full metal body for strength (except the lens, guide, grip part).

• Twist up eye guard

Fully multi-coated on the entire lens surface.

High-quality lanthanum glass lenses.

Superior contrast and excellent clear view.

High eye point design of eye relief 20mm so full field of view is easy to see even if you are wearing glasses.

New special shape and grip surface that makes it difficult to roll when placed sideways and makes it difficult to damage the eye lens.

FYI, I like the 1st item indicating a stronger all-metal build.

The Vixens seem to be very nice EP's. I have the Vixen LV 2.5mm but unfortunately haven't, until recently, had a scope to really give it a go in (call it an "enthusiastic" salesperson selling to a "silly" purchaser who really didn't know the difference between theoretical and realistic limits of scope and EP combinations). As little use as the 2.5mm has had in the past 4 years, I've never regretted buying it for some strange reason.

A guy has offered to sell me his set of LV's, including 4mm, 5mm, 12mm, 20mm, 25mm and 2x Barlow, all in a hard case, for AU$550. Does anyone with experience with the EP's have any recommendations as to whether it'd be worthwhile or not?

Archived