SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M31 Andromeda Galaxy

beamer3.6m

A smashing image. Re. the overexposed core, there's no way to bring it back fully, but try fiddling with the top bit of the curve in Photoshop curves, you might be able to lessen the effect. Also, if the core isn't burnt out before stretching, you can duplicate the layer, process the layer for the core and paste it on top cutting away all but the core. This has to be feathered or it will look odd.

BTW it's supposed to be very bright in the centre.

Kaptain Klevtsov

Thanks guys.

I just wish I had spent more time on this object.

I did not think I would be able to capture it so I ignored it and only ended up with just less than 7 mins in total. I should have spent an hour at least.

Oh well, at least it is one to improve on.

(just to clarify the image was a stack of six images amounting to 6 mins 55 secs in total)

Legion48 - there were 6 subs in total I believe at a mixture of 90 and 60 seconds.

I appreciate that this may not amount to 6 mins 55 seconds but I had to manually count the time and as such I was sometimes a little out.

Hope that helps.

Archived