12mm Delos

Naemeth

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look forward to that, did you no rusty was selling one in the classified

Must've missed that one :rolleyes:.

Oh well, it's nice to have some things new I guess...

EDIT: Right, PM'ed Rusty and emailed Telescope House to try and get it swapped for a 14mm instead. Looks like I'll need that new eyepiece case after all  :rolleyes::evil:  

Yep, you are a pauper when it comes to eyepieces Alan  :p

"....A large range of Televue and Pentax eyepieces...." 

I wonder out of you two has more.  Judging by your sig you are not exactly short of them either  :D  Now me  .. I am the poor man eyepiece owner here  :p

John,

Can one ever have enough eyepieces.  I, as I am sure you know, l like the Delos range a great deal. The strange thing with my own astronomy is I have been a photographer a good share of my life, I have even spent money on cameras for imaging and I still prefer the sight of whatever through the eyepiece.

Alan.

I wonder out of you two has more.  Judging by your sig you are not exactly short of them either  :D  Now me  .. I am the poor man eyepiece owner here  :p

Fair point  :smiley:

It's funny how easy it is to read a report or two about an eyepiece you don't have though and then develop an irrational desire to sell your perfectly good one to get hold of the alternative. Then of course the web would be full of reports of how wonderful the one you have just got rid of is :undecided:

Another funny (or ironic ?) thing is that the best viewing reports I've read on here, and some of the best sketches, have been made by folks using much less exotic eyepieces but do spend a great deal of time using what they do have to great effect.

Eyepiece collecting / discussion almost becomes a hobby in it's own right at times  :smiley:

Before I go to bed,

It is not important who has what it is how you use them and the enjoyment you get from that. I may well have a few eyepieces but I wish I had as much knowledge as some of the site members.

Alan

Good sentiment Alan. I feel the same quite often re: other folks dedication and knowledge :smiley:

Great sentiments Alan and John.

The way I see it is that I think it's great that you guys can help us out when it comes to reviewing eyepieces, for example. It helps with the decision making process, it helps us not make silly purchases that in the future we may regret. Evidently, one doesn't normally have a wide sample and knowledge of eyepieces over night, but is more an indication of many years of experience in this hobby. I personally admire such dedication and admire the way you guys will happily share that knowledge without much more of a thought than just wishing to help.

Great reading all your posts guys, as always :D.

Rusty, alas, has already swapped on the Delos, and Telescope House didn't reply to my email. Either way I'll be happy - if the 14mm arrives in the post I'll order the 12mm too, if it's vice versa I'll be ordering the 14mm. Oh, and I'll be needing that new eyepiece case :rolleyes:.

Can't wait to see the photos and read the report, Jon. Be great if you could compare them with the TV plossls with a similar focal length. Think it would make for an interesting and informative read.

It would be interesting, unfortunately the 12mm covers a gap, albeit a small one. I don't think a comparison of the 10.5mm and 12mm Delos is particularly fair, especially in my main scope. Perhaps for the small travel scope though, where the magnification is much closer (38 and 33 in the 66mm as opposed to 114 and 100 in the 10" dob). Perhaps the 14mm Delos would be better for comparison with the 15mm. Either way, I'm looking forward to trying :D.

Cases are too big and easy for the wife to see another has arrived, I could do with another myself, she tends to notice such things but thinks the eyepiecse have just been re-arranged .

I think I have found a way of stopping her seeing them,  a mouse must have run into the open basement door yesterday while I was putting wood into the boiler room, she will not come down the stairs. Now all I need to do it not tell her I caught it.

Alan

Cases are too big and easy for the wife to see another has arrived, I could do with another myself, she tends to notice such things but thinks the eyepiecse have just been re-arranged .

I think I have found a way of stopping her seeing them,  a mouse must have run into the open basement door yesterday while I was putting wood into the boiler room, she will not come down the stairs. Now all I need to do it not tell her I caught it.

Alan

Don't have a wife to sneak a case past Alan, fortunately :D.

I'm sure it'll be a shock for a future Mrs though, 5 scopes and countless accessories :rolleyes:. If the question, 'It's me or the scopes' ever comes, I know which is going, and it certainly isn't the scopes :evil: .

All very brave Jonathan :shocked:   do you not know of the prolonged mental torture that can result from challenging the other half ?  :grin:

My Mrs got all worked up about a woman she thought she heard in the car during a phone call, I explained it was the Sat Nav, she still mentions it and that was 3 years ago  :smiley:

All very brave Jonathan :shocked:   do you not know of the prolonged mental torture that can result from challenging the other half ?  :grin:

My Mrs got all worked up about a woman she thought she heard in the car during a phone call, I explained it was the Sat Nav, she still mentions it and that was 3 years ago  :smiley:

My love of astronomy will be introduced right near the start. That way, questions like that won't come up (hopefully not at least...) :D.

My love of astronomy will be introduced right near the start. That way, questions like that won't come up (hopefully not at least...) :D.

If she / he loves you they will understand we have no choice :smiley:

Archived