Jupiter repro

si@nite

Very nice work Simon. Good reprocess. Lots of detail especially in the wake of the GRS.

How are you finding the RGB process generally after taking the plunge?

Pete

Hi Pete, to be honest im finding it more difficult than I first thought especially the processing side, theres many a time ive had to slap my hand not to put on the DFK lol which as rewarded me with some very nice images indeed!

But personally I think mono imaging is the way forward & will now stick it out, and hopefully be rewarded with some nice images this apparition! :grin:

I know what you mean Simon but definitely worth the persistance. Hardest thing I've found so far is obtaining a consistent colour balance at the final RGB combine stage. I think im getting on top of this now though. Keep at it...I'm sure you'll top your best so far if the weather plays ball!!

Pete

As Pete said the wake is showing some nice mottling and twists and turns Nice Processing Simon. I wouldn't be shy of trying some single colour shots though. Jupiter does respond well. I actually would like a second camera to experiment with. Another idea would be to shoot a lot of single colour shots over say 2 hours with the same Focal length. And super smooth and consistent colour and brightness motion films would be possible. RGBs are harder for long duration motion films. I want a single colour camera just for this process alone.

Archived