Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

UFO's

Guest telescope4u

They have a tradition of hotair balloon building in our town. The firm that used to be here always offered newlyweds a free flight. Strangely it was often ionly the wife who would accept. Often we have had a balloon come over with a bride in a wedding dress waving furiously to us. The guys who fly these balloon only fly in low wind and can land, exchange crews and take off again in a minute - the basket staying upright the whole time. Having said that you would not get me up in one.

On the other hand the airships are helium filled and small enough to survive most weather conditions - read the book on zepperlins to find out the dangers. As for crashing in the US a farmer blasted one with a series of shots the holes caused the airship to slowly sink to the ground from leaking gas.

On the UFO front having seen a test hotair shaped ballonn rising into low cloud one can imagine reports of UFOs. That one was after a height record for shaped balloons but normal ones - with open baskets and the gent in question in a swedish airforce pressure/oxygen suit have climbed up well above Everest to release a hang glider also after a height record.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching a Long Way Down the other day and a couple of them did a bungee jump on that, looked awesome.

When I found this forum subject I wasn't really expecting much positive comment on the UFO phenomena and I know its a funny subject and something to have a laugh about. From what I have read and watched about UFOs there is certainly evidence of advanced craft flying about that can do things like hover and fly away at great speed or from moving at great speed stop and change direction. I keep suggesting that people check out the NARCAP website because of the quality of the reports which have proof such as ground radar, air radar and sometimes even electromagnetic effects in the cockpit of the aircraft such as wild compass movements and radio interference, which could obviously be dangerous, to back up what has been seen. I know what the disclaimer on the NARCAP website says which has been quoted on some posts here and so I showed that the Science adviser to NARCAP Dr Haines is of the opinion that some of these UFO encounters could be E.T spacecraft, the reason for the disclaimer proabably being because NARCAP want to concerntrate on the safety issues regarding UFOs and our aircraft and any mention of E.T gets the usual reaction. I'm sure Dr Haines has tried to find normal explanations for all the sightings he's investigated, that is his job. Of course, there are normal explanations for UFO sightings, its the ones that can't be explained that are the problem, check out the NARCAP website, if you are interested enough, and see what explanations you can think of to explain the many Unexplained UFO encounters.

This is just my opinion, and I mean it nicely! I do find the subject interesting enough to read about it and I don't mean to jabber on, I am bored and disagree with "there's no evidence or proof", "all UFO's can be explained as" or "prove it". Disprove it! Disprove all the NARCAP evidence!

everyone, all the very best :salute:

The question is, Imahumanbeing, do you believe in ghosts as well?[br]

I haven't tried it, I can't be bothered to waste my time with it, but I am sure if you did a quick search you would find far more sites full of reports of ghosts than sites reporting UFOs. There are probably 100s or 1000s of times more people who claim to have seen a ghost than claim to have seen a UFO. Are they right or wrong? UFOs somehow sounds more scientific than ghosts, doesn't it? I would guess the reports come from different types of people. People who believe in ghosts probably wouldn't believe in UFOs.[br]

It is not my job to disprove what anybody claims they have seen. That's an absurd idea. The internet is full of rubbish. It's my job to believe what I know to be true because I have seen it myself or find highly credible because a large and credible collection of people have put together a large, consistent and credible body of evidence. That's called science.[br]

Some examples: 1. Exploding stars. I believe in them because I can see them with my telescope. 2. Biological viruses: I believe in them not because I have seen one but because a large and credible body of people has put together irrefutable evidence. 3. Black holes: this is a borderline case: I am not certain because the evidence is substantial and a large number of credible experts believe there is a good case for them, but it is not absolutely certain yet. [br]

Ghosts and UFOs do not come close to these examples in terms of evidence; they are worlds away - they are light-years out of the realms of credibility. If I am not 100% convinced about black holes, I am going to spend my limited time researching that and trying to understand what the experts on that subject say to me as they are clearly some of the most intelligent people out there. I am not going to waste my time looking at UFO claims. Sorry to have to be blunt.[br]

All your 10 posts on this forum have been on this subject. Are you generally interested in astronomy?[br]

David

Archived