Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

UFO's

Guest telescope4u

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most if not all good "modern" sightings are the Aurora secret U.S aircraft which is capable of mach 8 plus (supposidly) and most pilots see orange balls of light which zip about the sky in complete random movements and dont seem to be under intelligent control at all. Why would super advanced aliens visit Earth in a tiny orange ball of light and zip around the sky near an airliner? Much more chance of it being an atmospheric anomoly like st elmo's fire http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Elmos_Fire

We have stealth technology so i would think that if a super advanced alien race were to visit Earth why would they make their UFO's so highly visible? Surely they would be cloaked to avoid detection!

Most sightings involve flashing lights! so again they are so advanced why would they need flashing lights on their UFO.

Most sightings involve flashing lights! so again they are so advanced why would they need flashing lights on their UFO.

I can imagine a bored saucer pilot saying to his buddy, "Hey, let's go down and buzz some swamps, and maybe a desert or two, with our nav lights on. They'll probably write about us in their holy books and talk about us for centuries."

Jeff

I take it you didn't check out www.narcap.org

Hi and welcome to SGL, Imahumanbeing. :(

I went to the link you provided and found this on the front page in the 'Disclaimer' :D section (bold emphasis mine):

"NARCAP is aware of an intense debate regarding the existence, nature and source of so-called "UFOs". NARCAP Technical Reports and documentation have been used by various "UFO" groups to promote their theories and opinions regarding the existence of "alien spacecraft" and "extraterrestrials". NARCAP does not endorse any of these claims nor does it encourage this use of its material."

That about says it all, doesn't it? :lol:

:thumbright:

Jeff.

I quote scientist DR Haines : "What I found [in doing research for the book Project Delta] was compelling evidence to claim that most of these aerial objects far exceeded the terrestrial technology of the era in which they were seen. I was forced to conclude that there is a great likelihood that Earth is being visited by highly advanced aerospace vehicles under highly 'intelligent' control indeed."

NARCAP Science Director Dr. Richard Haines is a perceptual psychologist and former Chief of the Space Human Factors Office at NASA Ames Research Center and a former Sr. research scientist for both NASA and Raytheon. He acquired extensive experience with aviation and aerospace human factors during his 37 year career at NASA before retiring in 2001.

www.narcap.org

Even with the opinion he has the NARCAP science director wants to keep away from stories of little green men and theories by other UFO groups and concerntrate on aviation safety issues as they apply to Unidentified Aerial Phenomena. Probably because of the automatic take the mick response with the UFO subject. Hence the disclaimer

That about says it all, doesn't it?

No! :nono:

Billy.

You still haven't answered my question.

What is the point you are trying to make? Is there one???

It's a luna thing.... as far as i am concerned its a usless.....

or was it aimed at a different Billy as your original question was before i had even posted in the thread in which case......SPOOKY.... :(

Billy.

You still haven't answered my question.

What is the point you are trying to make? Is there one???

It's a luna thing.... as far as i am concerned its a usless.....

or was it aimed at a different Billy as your original question was before i had even posted in the thread in which case......SPOOKY.... :(

Not you mate "another Billy" (Imahumanbeing)

Gonna have to rename you both.

1 Gas bill

2 Electric Bill

Hello Jamie, sorry I didn't answer your question.

If some scientist who's been studying UFO's for a few decades says he's convinced that UFO's exist and some could even be E.T spacecraft I personally would be curious to see what made him come to that decision and I thought some of you lot might be too.

All the best

Thanks for the reply Billly.

IMHO astronomers are the types that believe what they see and not in hearsay.

And that my friend is my interpretation of "non theoretical" science.

Anyone i have heard of that claims to have seen a "not of this world" UFO only has thier word for proof.

And when they are questioned on it they say "I don't care what anyone thinks i know what i saw"

If you see it say it but be prepared to "prove" it.

If there is irreprable proof that alien life has visited us i would love to see it but doubt i ever will....

If some scientist who's been studying UFO's for a few decades says he's convinced that UFO's exist and some could even be E.T spacecraft I personally would be curious to see what made him come to that decision and I thought some of you lot might be too.
Yes, I would be curious. But there are numerous possible answers, some of them not to do with science, but with the way human society works. Many people, scientists and not, make a career out of being controversial. It gives them some fame, when they may not be outstandingly talented. I'm not saying they are particularly dishonest, just they find they can do well from talking/writing about oddball views, and they become fixed in that mode, it becomes their career, or second career, in the case of Haines.[br][br]Haines/you may be right, but I put it at a low probability. Just my judgement, yours will be different.[br][br]David

I just had another look at the NARCAP website and found this

Over the past 40 years Dr. Haines has collected more than 3400 reports from aviators and aviation professionals involving unidentified aerial phenomena

Have a look on the NARCAP website for more details and info about some of these sightings.

I don't know if Dr Haines has even had his own UFO sighting, he probably became convinced from all the evidence he has collected. I agree David, I think the good thing about that is being in the public spotlight, people should find out if you are lying about something or are completely wrong. In the case of Dr Haines I have only come across positive comments about him and his research.

All the best

I keep an open mind on UFOs, Father Christmas and even Faeries at the bottom of the garden. They might all exist in some Universe. But all I hope is I don't meet the real thing as I get the impression that this might not be a good idea.

As for believing what we see - often we interprate things from what we think we see. I seem to remember early astronomers had good enough scopes to easily see the rings of Saturn but the best they managed was bumps either side. Then the penny dropped and they all saw the rings. :(

As for believing what we see - often we interprate things from what we think we see. I seem to remember early astronomers had good enough scopes to easily see the rings of Saturn but the best they managed was bumps either side. Then the penny dropped and they all saw the rings. :(

We tend to interpret things based upon our previous experiences. When something falls outside our experiences the brain has to try to find something that fits with what it is experiencing, whether that means going with a closest match from memory or making-up something new to try to explain the unexplained.

Our brain tends to explain things for us. How often have we seen a dead dog lying in the road, which, when we got close turned out to be some sort of trash. But we could have told you which side was the dog's head, and which it's tail.

Last summer I saw what I was sure was a black squirrel in the road. When I got close, it turned into a crow and flew away. Shapeshifters, anyone?

I regard UFO's as in the same league as ghosts, everybody has a mate who's uncle's second cousin has seen one. If enough people say something is then it tends to be accepted that it is, with little or no evidence whatsoever other than thousands of people who say they have seen one. Which proves absolutely nothing.

The other baffling (to me) question is why is everyone so interested anyway? So there might be creatures from other planets. So what? It's hardly a scientific bombshell that there must be life out there somewhere.

The other baffling (to me) question is why is everyone so interested anyway? So there might be creatures from other planets. So what? It's hardly a scientific bombshell that there must be life out there somewhere.

Umm, yes, but the fact that there are coyotes in the woods doesn't particularly interest me, but if there's one in my back yard, I will be very interested.

Umm, yes, but the fact that there are coyotes in the woods doesn't particularly interest me, but if there's one in my back yard, I will be very interested.

If it brings some kind of clean renewable energy source for sale then fair enough, if all it has is the brains to pop up occasionally and make loads of money for conspiracy theory authors then I say [removed word] off back to where you came from.

Well said Warthog.

Thing - I suppose we all find different things interesting. But I am sure if there were people outside your house pointing in the air at a hovering flying saucer you would have a gander! :(

We had an Airship flying around some years ago, it was the type with the under slung cabbing and two engines, one either side.

This was lit up from the inside and advertising something although for the life of me i can't remember what it was, But it was very plain to see what this object was, and yes you guessed it!! The police and local paper etc had nothing but reports of UFOs.

Jeff.

Jeff - I've been up in a small plane and a Microlight a few times that my neighbour has but there is something about Airships and balloons that freaks me out a bit. Wouldn't feel too safe in a Hotair balloon!

A 12" Meade! Canon 400D! Got any links to any of your pictures? I am getting the Canon 1000D from Tesco Direct tomorrow hopefully and will see what, if anything, I can get out of my brothers GOTO Celestron 114.

Has anyone had a look at the NARCAP website? :scratch:

Archived