Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

UFO's

Guest telescope4u

Guest telescope4u

I'm watching "interview with an alien" on sky 1, as I type. It's so funny. It's about UFO sightings.  :clouds2: :clouds2:

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys lets say that you seen the stealth bomber/fighter

about 30 years ago during its secret test flights what would

you have thought then? (Be honest with your self now think like someone from 1976)

The term UFO doesn't just mean space craft ,its just Russel Grants mates that believe THAT.

God only knows what's being tested nowadays.

Here endeth the lesson.

A couple of years ago me and a mate of mine spotted this satelite comming up from the horizon

towards the zenith , the these two other satelites came up from behind on either side from about 45 degrees

they caught up with it then just ran parallel with it till they all disappeared out of sight.

Strangest thing i ever saw.

A couple of years ago me and a mate of mine spotted this satelite comming up from the horizon

towards the zenith , the these two other satelites came up from behind on either side from about 45 degrees

they caught up with it then just ran parallel with it till they all disappeared out of sight.

Strangest thing i ever saw.

I hve heard form other reliable astronomers who have seen that formation. It isn't in Heavens-Above's database, but apparently it is a trio of U.S. military satellites.

Last year, I was on the 5th fairway of my local golf course, and heard the sound of a jet which I knew wasn't a commercial flight, and looked up to see a B2 bomber at a low altitude, returning from the Toronto airshow to its base. If I had seen that 30 years ago, I might have thought, "Flying Saucer."

i think the interesting thing about what we might have thought it was, was it wasnt till the war of the worlds and other related sci fi stuff, that the seed was planted maybe,what do you thik?? :clouds2:

Warthog is right-the trio of satellites are US military "reconnaisance". Guess we know what that means. :clouds2:

My best friend and I saw a UFO in the 60's. We were camped out in his back yard in Illionois and saw a light flash. Seconds later, it flashed again, tracing a straight line toward the west. Seconds later, another flash. We figured, if it was at airplane altitude, it would have to be moving extremely fast. A little closer observation showed it to be a lightning bug, at just over arm's length.

Boy, did we feel stupid after that. :clouds2:

I figure, if aliens visited our solar system from another one, why would they pass by Saturn? How could you think anything would be more interesting than THAT from close up?

There are just too many problems with interstellar travel to suggest alien contact.

i think the interesting thing about what we might have thought it was, was it wasnt  till the war of the worlds and other related sci fi stuff, that the seed was planted maybe,what do you thik?? :clouds2:

The book, "War of the Worlds" was written about the turn of the 20th century, but flying saucers didn't become popular until the 1940s and 1950s. There were a lot of sightings in the late 50s, most of which could be explained away very logically. I think the sightings were a result of technology rather than science fiction, although that may be splitting rabbits.

I think they will contact me first, because I am pure of heart and truly loving. Well, that's what contactees usually say they were told. I hafta work on the 'pure of heart' bit. :clouds2: Maybe they'll contact me because I drink dark beer. That would make more sense.

Archived