Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

my new deepsky gallery

nytecam

Hi - previously posted last set on DS Image forum with zilch responce but hope these of interest here to real deepsky observers with some popular and less known objects snapped over a couple of recent nights @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP92zq2toeM  Due to poor eyes and severe LP this is my form augmented viewing - thanks for looking :police:  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent, nice to what little fuzzy specks look like. Thanks for posting.

Seems very odd that posts like " I can't find Polaris" get 90 hits plus, but excellent bits like this are overlooked in blasé indifference.

Perhaps you should post them on Beginner's section showing what is possible with time and patience,

Old Nick.

"Over a couple of nights?" Blimey you have been busy.

Great stuff, nicely presented. :)

Hi Steve - Thanks - now that it's dark by 7pm I put in just a couple of hours or so in the obsy [quick start-up!] on an evening's session and back indoors by 9pm with luck with my image haul to work on the next day.  It's an amazing buzz seeing those faint fuzzies appear on the laptop screen after a few seconds exposure - no "is 2hrs long enough on Messier Squid" for me  :police:  

Seems very odd that posts like " I can't find Polaris" get 90 hits plus, but excellent bits like this are overlooked in blasé indifference.

Perhaps you should post them on Beginner's section showing what is possible with time and patience,  Old Nick.

Thanks Nick - good idea :police:

I've found the Deepsky Imaging Forum [DSIF] "deeply" entrenched with long exposures which aren't practical for me assuming [and I don't] want to go that route and where we're advised "anything less than 20 min exposure in not astrophotography" - get that - ok if you're remote from populations like overseas and darkest Wales but I have nearly a quarter of the UK pop on my doorstep and many with the bathroom light all night - but I get by very well IMHO. 

I'm frankly amazed at the tiny astrographs used on the DSIF - tyically 80mm aperture which is as small as the central obstruction on my SCT - no wonder they need long exposures ! 

Stunning result from the hyperstar guidecam combo Nytecam and some faint and difficult targets in that long list.

Top marks also for video producton skills - a very nicely edited film, jus

typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

This is described as a guide camera - is that right? But it obviously also takes images

Kerry 

Correct Kerry for the original monochrome version.  Two years ago I got Starlight Xpress to supply one with the colour version for me to use as a prime OSC camera and called it the Lodestar-C - the name stuck !   Both mono and color Lodestars may also be used for autoguiding a main scope via OAG usually via freeware PHD s/ware.

Here's a recent pic from fellow Lodestar-C enthusiast in the States in 7x5min stack on Helix Nebula @ http://www.cloudynights.com/ubbthreads/attachments/6156685-ngc7293_Helix_f3_300s_stack7_ST.jpg

Cut short...Just needs some fast commentary, horse racing style to match pace. ;)  typed on my mobile with Tapatalk

Thanks Jake - I used to do a commentary for early YT astro vids [now grossing nearly 1M hits!] but got irritated by YT viewer freedback and likewise with background musak so for the moment silence is golden :police:

Just had a quick browse of your Youtube channel (slow start at work this morning).   Some very impressive imaging and video production, especially given your not so dark location - I've not recently had a play with video editing, having really struggled in the past with KDENLive, regularly crashing - but might just have another stab at this if I can get some decent capture in over the next couple of months (particularly Jupiter and hopefully ISON).   Lets hope the comet shows and the weather plays fair for once!

Very impressed with the construction of your twin domes as well

Just had a quick browse of your Youtube channel (slow start at work this morning).   Some very impressive imaging and video production, especially given your not so dark location - I've not recently had a play with video editing, having really struggled in the past with KDENLive, regularly crashing - but might just have another stab at this if I can get some decent capture in over the next couple of months (particularly Jupiter and hopefully ISON).   Lets hope the comet shows and the weather plays fair for once! Very impressed with the construction of your twin domes as well

Good luck Jake with Jupiter and Comet ISON :rolleyes:  I used MS Live Movie Maker [W7] for my recent YT vids :police:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Perhaps you should post them on Beginner's section showing what is possible with time and patience,

Old Nick.

i agree time and patience oh and about 4k to spare lol

Archived