Hello

Gillydior

Hiya all,

I’ve finally got round to introducing myself, so, Hi - I’m Gillian :cheesy:  I must apologies for my delay in getting round to doing this but…..   Though I have been spending quite a lot of time setting up my new system, more on this shortly, previous to now I owned a small telescope more reminiscent of the type “Anne Bonny” may have used, “oh look a bright shiny thing in the sky” – “oh and another” – I must find out what that’s called, though unfortunately I never did!

A friend of mine got herself a scope about a year ago and on one of the rare occasions the heavens weren't obscured by white fluffy things I had the pleasure of zooming into the universe – WOW - being more accustom to looking into the quantum world this visual spark caught my interest, Jupiter’s moons, the moon’s craters - could I really see the “Soup Dragon”, and what of the “Clangers” (eak I’m showing my age!!) anyhow I decided to get myself a scope, the criteria I set was; it had to be portable(ish), I wanted to be able to view the sky on the computer (maybe take a picture or two – too) oh and it would be nice if I could stick the scope outside and sit in the warmth of indoors, although there are quite a few scopes that matched my conditions I decided on a Celestron Nexstar 8se with a Celestron Neximage 5MP Solar System Imager and having bought it - I wasn't disappointed, the moon and Jupiter were quite amazing, though it was quite difficult to focus so I got a JMI focuser, this in turn created its own problems, that is, in making all the hardware work together, which I’m happy to report is now operational with the addition of Starry nights and Ascom software, oh and not forgetting the Hitec-dc focuser, so now that I can control the scope from the living room all is needed is a cloudless night to allow the scope to venture outdoors.

Well I think I’ve finished my overdue if not elongated introduction, so all that’s left to say is thank you to everyone in Stargazers it’s a great and informative site I’m looking forward to hearing about and gaining insight into the worlds above ours and all the techie stuff that goes into it, take care, dark cloudless nights to you all, love Gilly x

Welcome Gillian, you've come to the right place for everything astro! There's a few of us imagers knocking about, all battling problems from one noght to the next - It never seems to get easier!!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Hi Gilly, from across the bay in South Cumbria. Good choice of scope - I have the 6SE and use it remotely too, (which seems to involve spending yet more money and ridiculous amounts of time fiddling to get it all working just so) but in the end you just can't beat the views down a real EP even if it means getting cold!

Joe

Archived