9mm BGO

Pig

Well my new 9mm BGO has arrived and it is in perfect condition.   :smiley:

I will do a comparison as soon as we get some more clear skies with the 10mm Delos and let you all know my findings :smiley:

I spent some time comparing the 5mm BGO with the 5mm XW. In the end I could not see any optical performance differences so I kept the XW on the grounds of viewing comfort and a significantly wider field.

I read one report where a Baader Classic 10mm ortho showed very slightly more contrast on DSO's than a 10mm Delos. Good performance from a £50 eyepiece there :smiley:  

Look forward to your opinion, Shaun. I have both the Delos 10mm and BGO 9mm and find them both spectacular eyepieces. Each have an important role to play in my semi-minimalist EP collection and I feel both are keepers.

I suspect you will find they perform very similarly, with the Delos being more comfortable and having a larger FOV. Interesting to see a comparison though :).

It will be great if they do Jonathan I am looking forward to seeing the moon through it :smiley:

I spent some time comparing the 5mm BGO with the 5mm XW. In the end I could not see any optical performance differences so I kept the XW on the grounds of viewing comfort and a significantly wider field.

I read one report where a Baader Classic 10mm ortho showed very slightly more contrast on DSO's than a 10mm Delos. Good performance from a £50 eyepiece there :smiley:  

Simplicity always has some plus points John, I just hope I don't have to wait as long as I did with the Nagler to try it :shocked:

Look forward to your opinion, Shaun. I have both the Delos 10mm and BGO 9mm and find them both spectacular eyepieces. Each have an important role to play in my semi-minimalist EP collection and I feel both are keepers.

It will be nice to share our experiences Qualia as we both have different scopes and it may result in a different outcome :smiley:

thats going to be interesting.I had the BGO and i know what they can show,but i never had a Delos and i have heard a very good reports on them and some put them equal to BGO! this is going to be an interesting comparison.

I do love the Delos range and I will be very surprised if I ever use a better eyepiece but as John says for £50  who can grumble :smiley:

hi piggy , your going to love the 9mm bgo bit tight to use but as long as your viewing site is quite dark you shouldn't get any external light entering, be interesting on your thoughts hopefully tonight you will get first light

Though not directly comparable, I was using a 6mm BCO the other morning on the double transit and it was very very good at revealing finer detail that my 8.5 XL or 7mm Nagler could manage. Yes, tight ER and more nudging , but worth it for the detail. Might have to get another.....

Never really liked the idea of the orthos with the tight er and FOV, but I'm turning....

Barry

Though not directly comparable, I was using a 6mm BCO the other morning on the double transit and it was very very good at revealing finer detail that my 8.5 XL or 7mm Nagler could manage. Yes, tight ER and more nudging , but worth it for the detail. Might have to get another.....

Never really liked the idea of the orthos with the tight er and FOV, but I'm turning....

Barry

Although the eye relief is tight I do seem to get on well with the 3 -6mm Nagler zoom, hopefully I will feel the same about the BGO :smiley:

Nice one Shaun, it'll be interesting to hear how it compares with your 10mm Delos.

I may get an unexpected chance tonight as it looks we have an unexpected  break in the clouds :smiley:

I stand corrected, the met office shows a break in the clouds in the early hours of Sunday morning :smiley:

I will set the alarm clock and probably ignore it when it does go off :smiley:  but I will try

Archived