SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

So... the clocks have gone back!

dan_uk

Anyone want to help me plan a meet up? I've just come back from scoping out potential sites in the Weald area. Unfortunately the best I've found can only handle one car and the car parks close at 1700!

Does anyone have experience with any sites in the Weald area?

Hatfield is certainly an option, it's about an hours drive away which I believe Dengie is too, so it would be between those.

Thanks for that Knobby! I just spoke to them on the phone, I had no idea they met in Weald, it's literally a 10minute drive for me! 

They don't really mention the observing times on their website so I would never have known.

Have you been there before? Do regular folk have access to the area?

Hi Dan, mates son used to go to their Junior section.

I've been once. ..it looks pretty dark but was cloudy :-)

I believe the gate is padlocked but the club have a key.

I might pop over there if its cloud free Sunday

Yeah it was a great night! Thanks for mentioning it!.

Very friendly bunch and learnt a bit from a few of them. The night turned out very well despite the moon. Ashame I ended up there an hour late, a lot that was just finding the place!

I did keep asking people what forums they were on thinking you might be there somewhere :)

Archived