Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Esprit 80 Unboxing

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cheers for looking at the subs sp@ced - much appreciated

John

No probs John.. hope you don't think I'm too picky, I'm keen to see this scope proved after all the waiting.. ( & having invested in one blindly anyway :grin:)

That last one looks the same across the field too & shows the same star shapes. Were these all unguided ?

I'd say the flattener distance looks right then & having a filter screwed in between was your problem before I did that for a while on the 80ED but got away with it more with a slower scope.  If you can find a nosepiece with a filter thread to sit in front of the flattener then that will sort that one out.

all the previous subs were guided, ISO 800 and 3 mins - the last one was Unguided , ISO 1600 and 1 min sub, just because the guide scope was getting dewed up and guiding was failing.   I don't have any dewstraps for this at the mo - that'll be the next thing on my list (after an adapter to hold filters :-)

i Don't mind you being pickey at all - If it means that i will get this scope tuned up - please be pickey :-)

Cheers John

Across the image the stars show a slight elongation along the diagonal upper right to lower left and most have shadows on the lower left side. This is from the middle of the Crescent image but the problem seems fairly uniform.

My first suspect wouldn't be the telescope here. More like guiding for the elongation and maybe something in the way the filters or camera work for the shadows. I don't image with DSLRs so I don't know what to look for. If it's optics it's new to me and I'm not competent to comment. Do you have a comparator for the filters and camera from a different telescope?

Olly

post-2393-0-58704100-1383639807_thumb.jp

Hi Olly,

thanks for the feedback,  I can believe that the PA wasn't 100% spot on - it was a bit of a rushed setup in an attempt to beat the weather.  So that accounts for the slight elongation.  As for the ringing, it is something that i have always had thanks to the internal processing in the DLSR (yes even on RAW acquisition (headbang) ) I need to wait for another Tombola birthday before i can get a CCD though. :D

100% crop from a M106 capture using the MN190 and the same camera.

Cheers John

post-12165-0-88540500-1383641858_thumb.p

I thought the shadows would be camera. That's good.

The elongation doesn't look like PA to me. Usually that looks like rotation and is dominant in the corners. If it was miles out it could be that I suppose but it doesn't quite have that stamp to me.

Olly

Archived