Skywatcher Panaview 32 MM EP - happy owner !!

Telescope40

Hi All.  Had to post re this eyepiece. Got lucky a few weeks back on the ABS website and managed to nab myself one.  Used in anger for the first time over the weekend with my Meade APO.  Absolutely stunning.

Went for the "usual suspects" and was not disappointed.

M31  -  M33 -  Double cluster - Coathanger - M71 - Kembles Cascade - M36 - M37 - M38 - M81/82 -  Almach - Albireo - M15 - M2 - Pleiades. 

All looked fantastic on low power. Just kept looking and looking. 

Best however was the Dumbbell nebula.  Just sat in the middle of my FOV  and surrounded by stars, stars, stars.

I had read quite a number of reviews on SGL  and I have to agree with every one I've seen.  Yet to use in my 200p but I'm happy it will have  similar or maybe even better results.  Looking forward to "you all know what in Orion" in the coming months.

My sister ( who always shows some interest in my hobby) was with me during the session.  Asked her to look at each object I selected and she was more than comfortable using this EP and seeing exactly what I told her to search for when her eye was at the scope.

Thanks for reading.

John

Always nice to see people enjoying their new eyepieces.

Nice report, looking forward to more, do try the Panaview in the dob too :). I have heard it suffers a bit at the edge - did you see any of that with the frac?

Hi Guys.  My 200p is a Newt.  Cant say I noticed any issues with loss of sharpness near the edge.  There again, I wasnt really looking there.  Like my targets in the middle of my FOV - then I go into "gawp" mode.  

Its just a cracker of an EP !!!

John

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased the 38mm and 26mm 2" panaviews and the 30mm Skywatcher AERO.. Can't wait to use them with my Skywatcher 300p Collapsible truss Dob..

All I need now is some clear nights and at the moment in Ireland thats as rare as a 3 humped camel.

Will keep ye posted on the next clear night and with the Winter Constellations coming into view and Jupiter rising high with the Twins, Also a barrage of comets

heading our way.. So hopefully I will have a lot to report on these EP's soon.

Cheers Roy :smiley:

Question :huh:

How do I add pics to my posts on this site? I f any1 can help it would

be much appreciated.

Cheers Roy

Hit 'More Reply Options' on the bottom of the 'Reply to this topic' box, then click 'Browse' where it says 'Attach Files', then find what you want to add and click 'Attach This File' underneath

HTH :).

Thanks Jason..

I believe RegiStax6 needs to take most of the credit...

But It did take a lot of work and tinkering to come up with

the final image..

Looking forward to doing some more imaging over the winter

using my new 300p Dob.

Here is a single image capture using my Canon 1000d

1/125s exposure at ISO 400.

So as you can clearly see a webcam and registax6 really

do work some magic.

Cheers Roy :smiley:

post-29832-0-80487400-1384713424_thumb.j

Archived