Storm Moon - 27/10/2013

Luke

It was pretty windy when I took this daytime moon shot yesterday, with the big storm on its way to the UK :eek:

I used my grab and go tripod, getting the scope low to the ground and as shielded from the wind as possible. I'm finding the camera tripod's massive height adjustment range to be very useful :laugh:

Hope everyone's kit survives the winds.

10531457615_1dd78096da_c.jpg

Please click image for (slightly) higher res.

---

27/10/2013

Celestron Onyx 80mm / Grasshopper 3 (ICX687) / Red filter

Thanks all :smiley:

For sharpening I used Astra Image 4 (about £20), here's a little gif animation showing the sharpening from AI. I'm still learning about deconvolution but here two lots of Wiener deblur seemed to work well for me.

First is the blurry stacked image (possibly more blurry than it should be, I tend to stack more frames than I perhaps need), followed by a first pass of Wiener decon, then a second pass of Wiener decon, with a smaller radius value. This may not be the best way, I am fumbling around unable to find much help in tutorials on AI or astrophotography deconvolution. :confused:  For £20 though, I am very happy :D

gallery_2875_2604_216348.gif

Archived