SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First Moon using telescope

Munkie

This is my first post of many (I hope) in this section, Im extremely new to astro related stuff, but I am a hobbyist photographer.

I decided to get up extra early today as the moon was over my backgarden,  But once I got up to view the sky it was patchy skies with fast moving clouds.

Since I was up I decided to try and get some moon shots anyway.

This is the only one I managed, I know its a little OOF, which I still need to work on but the fast moving clouds didnt help much.

My first moon image using Sony A77 + Celestron Nexstar 90GT

1374841_3627432739897_669773161_n.jpg

My Setup

1383179_3627097411514_127930680_n.jpg

All comments are welcomed.

Thanks for looking

George

Nice first image. The only comment would be that focus seems a tiny touch off, but focus is notoriously difficult. Exposure looks fine. Well done!

Focus is ever so slightly off, but as you said difficult to get spot on first time. Looks good though. Slightly over exposed on the left rim,which i'm not sure why.

Fantastic first attempt.  

Be proud of the image.

Focus is ever so slightly off, but as you said difficult to get spot on first time. Looks good though. Slightly over exposed on the left side,which i'm not sure why.

Fantastic first attempt.

I have no idea what I'm talking about, but could it be reflection from the clouds as clouds were passing pretty thick and fast?

Nice shots, George.

Regarding your telescope, how much further can you zoom in?  Can the telescope do planets or nebulae?

I believe I can do some planets but never had a chance to try as its either been too cloudy or never been in my FOV.

I have not got a clue about nebulae as im not too sure what them are yet.

Thanks Munkie... I suppose I'll just wait until I see what else your telescope can do before I get one.

As for Nebula, check this article out.  It talks about observing Nebula with smaller scopes and in what season to look for them.  I think once you see some of the pictures there, you'll soon be looking for them to shoot.

Cheers

Archived