Narrowband

If you could share your scope with anyone in history.....

cotterless45

Everyone!

If all past people had had an insight into how we currently see the world/universe around us we might well be somewhat more informed today, not to mention giving all those past people an insight into their surroundings for their own pleasure/curiosity.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I'd have to give Copernicus a look through my telescopes so I could show him the sun and planets, a good look at the teapot asterism and then a few clusters, galaxies, nebulae, and globulars. Then I'd slap him round the back of the head and tell him "See.... I told you it was the Earth rotating and traveling round the sun!". lol :)

It would have to be Pythagoras, and i even i would celibrate in rhymes inept the great imortal syracusian reviled nevermore who by his wonderous law untold us before made the way straight how to circles mensurate. I think thats PI to 31 places if i remembered it right.

Michael Mcintyre - Wouldn't be very enlightening on the astronomy front but would still be a great night.  :grin:

Or Al Murray :)

I'd let Galileo have a look through my scopes. He must have looked through his dinky little scope and really wondered if what he was seeing was true. It must have taken some serious courage to go up against the established 'wisdom' of his day based on a few little spots of light in his little scope..

Not sure the conversation would have been all that good though, I'd have to polish up on my Italian...

James

Archived