SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

If you could share your scope with anyone in history.....

cotterless45

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messier, that way he may have realised that those odd fuzzy things were not really worth ignoring.

Ironically I have no idea if he actually identified any new comets. But is there anyone else so well known globally after so long for a list of things not to bother with?

Hmmm, tough one. I think it would have to be the great Sir David Attenborough... I'm sure he'd be interested and it would be nice to think I could teach him something for a change!

Great thread by the way.

Andy

This is one of the hardest fantasy threads to answer, especially as all the obvious candidates have already been mentioned.

I think it would be interesting to do a spot of Luna watching with one of the astronauts who had set foot there and hear there take as you walk in their footsteps , so to speak.

Me as a kid because I'd have loved it :)

Actually though it might not be a good idea with some of those historical figures because it could end up changing history in a way you may not like. For instance it could somehow give rise to an empire that murdered a distant relative so you may never exist!

Of course then you couldn't show someone your scope and change history... So you'd be alive after all.... Oh enough!

Isaac Newton.

He could get a right ego boost knowing he was responsible for the legacy of the Newtonian, and he could have a look through a decent EP with quality mirrors to inspire him that bit more.

Archived