Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Too good to be true?

Lurgee71

I have no personal experience of these particular tents but like yourself was looking into getting some camping gear a year or 2 ago. To be honest the cheap Halfords tent deals did not get particularly good revievs, the seams were not up to much and the tents did on occasion leak. I am not saying that they are all bad, just that i hve read some poor reviews.

My advice is to try to read as many product reviews as possible before you decide to purchase something.

I actually ended up buying a very good second hand tent that was in new condition, highly rated, only used twice and for sale only 2 miles form my house. :grin:

I never believe the capacity ratings on tents, besides I only want it for myself plus one other. Just ordered it, so let's wait until it turns up and see if it is all it says it is.

You should be able to have 6 people in it if you - like Actimel - believe squeezing a lot in is a good thing :D

camping equipment is always cheaper at this time of year as shops try and move old stock to make way for next seasons models. halfords gear has a reputation for not being the best but then you are not paying best prices for it. It looks a bit like a festival package and doesn't look so bad for the price

With some realistic views it is probably a good deal. I suppose that the disclaimer is not to expect a £300 tent for £50 more likely a £150-200 tent for £50. They likely have had the package for a time and it hasn't sold, so along comes someone and says sell them off and get rid of them. So you get a decent deal, they get the shelves cleared.

As there are now many outlets for tents and camping (many garden centres do tents now), can think of 4 or 5 around me that do not include Halfords, I would guess that Halfords are not a primary place to go to for the larger camping items - tents+sleeping bags.

As has also been mentioned camping places will be getting in the 2014 stock and the 2013 stuff gets reduced. Seems odd that even tents fall into this catagory, as you can have a good tent for several years and not replace it.

Archived