Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC1805: Heart nebula - in three flavours

Uranium235

Last night finally gave us respite from the rather pants weather we have been having recently - and are about to get again! (and quite a storm according to the news). It was clear just long enough to grab some OIII and SII to go with the Ha I got earlier in the month. Quite lucky too, as soon as my last SII sub finished - the cloud rolled in.

Slighly tricky to process (due to dynamic range), and with the HST colour version I decided to a slightly more gentle version of the Ha Lum so it was a little less noisy, which helped retain some of the finer detail in the heart of the nebula. To be honest it probably needs another couple of hours in Ha to be completely noise free in the dimmer portions, but imaging at f6.38 is never a speedy business! :)

IC1805: Heart Nebula

Mono: 16x900 (Ha)

HOO: 16x900 Ha_L, 8x900 Ha/OIII/OIII

HST: 16x900 Ha_L, 8x900 SII/Ha/OIII

80ED (0.85x), Atik 383L+, NEQ6

Setpoint: -25

Calib: Flats, Bias, BPM

Thanks for looking! :)

Rob

Mono Ha:

10214499326_ffaa29638a_b.jpg

HOO colour:

10465387396_360b249744_b.jpg

HST Colour:

10465655033_3ec9d43e74_b.jpg

Cheers :)

Now this is almost in the bag, im not sure what to do next. Already done the soul with the old camera, and its still too early for M45. Perhaps I could grab something else from Cygnus before it disappears for the Winter.

The HST version is great (I like the others too!). If you already have the Soul, since your camera has a massive chip, you should be able to

join them without much effort and make a mosaic, but I much sure you'll find something to keep you busy!

cheers

E.

Quatermass, on 25 Oct 2013 - 12:39 AM, said:

Wonderful images how about the butterfly nebula in Cygnus next

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tanks QM. Ive never tried that one, I'll run it through stellarium to see what FOV I get.

Epicycle, on 25 Oct 2013 - 11:59 AM, said:

The HST version is great (I like the others too!). If you already have the Soul, since your camera has a massive chip, you should be able to

join them without much effort and make a mosaic, but I much sure you'll find something to keep you busy!

cheers

E.

I think that would be quite some task being as they were done with two completely different cameras :) It would probably be easier to do the whole lot with the 383, perhaps with a slighly shorter FL so I can get it down to 3 panes

Thanks Stuart!

I was thinking of setting up tonight as there has been an unexpected clear patch. Might not be wise to though, as its been the kind of weather where a shower can come from nowhere.

I think from next week there will be a lot more nice images coming from everybody since the clocks are going back, it will mean sessions starting earlier, delivering more data, but only if its clear! (hopefully not like last winter, which was a bit rubbish)

Archived