Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 15.10.13.

theo

This capture was taken on the last clear morning on the 15th of this month.

The seeing was poor once again and to be honest I am quite surprised to salvage a half decent image as the green & blue channels for this and all other captures for this session were pretty bad  :rolleyes:

This is an RRGB image and has taken a fair bit to process to be honest. Achieving a good colour balance was much trickier with the added red channel than a straight RGB, although do to the poor conditions adding the extra Red was the only option to try and eek out some extra detail.

One thing that this session has proved to me though is that this cam is going to do significantly better than my old DFK could ever do in poor seeing, so bodes well for when the better seeing comes along (please!!!). Also with two & a half months to go to opposition I am really hoping to improve on my best so far.

Regards,

Pete

post-22012-0-51884200-1382198507_thumb.p

Looks like you have achieved a good level of detail despite all your trials and tribulations! I would be more than happy with an image like that. Well done! :icon_salut:  Well done for getting out of bed that early too! :grin:

I have been looking at the ASI120MC myself and once funds allow I'm intending on buying one - need to upgrade my mount first though! :rolleyes2:

That`s a cracking image Pete particularly so in poor seeing which so many of us are experiencing at the moment. A credit to you. The ASI120MM seems to do the business. I am debating with myself whether to purchase one of the ASI cameras as an alternative to my DBK618. Not sure that I would see much difference with my C8?  Both renditions are great but perhaps the second is more natural? Always a matter of taste I think! Great work.

Best regards,

Ralph

That`s a cracking image Pete particularly so in poor seeing which so many of us are experiencing at the moment. A credit to you. The ASI120MM seems to do the business. I am debating with myself whether to purchase one of the ASI cameras as an alternative to my DBK618. Not sure that I would see much difference with my C8?  Both renditions are great but perhaps the second is more natural? Always a matter of taste I think! Great work.

Best regards,

Ralph

Cheers Ralph.

I think you would notice a difference with your C8. Being mono this cam is more sensitive than a DBK/DFK and able to run higher frame rates using ROI. There is the RGB learning curve to overcome of course but it's worth the effort I believe.

Pete

Hi Pete. I can see that conditions are not playing ball. As I know the fine detail that will jump out when conditions allow on your images. But we have to keep at it, As it will perfect our skills for those better nights. All in all. A good capture. Some would die for this quality Pete. Those white ovals are well worth watching for any merging

Hi Pete. I can see that conditions are not playing ball. As I know the fine detail that will jump out when conditions allow on your images. But we have to keep at it, As it will perfect our skills for those better nights. All in all. A good capture. Some would die for this quality Pete. Those white ovals are well worth watching for any merging

Hi Neil,

Thanks for your comments. Yes the seeing conditions have been frustrating. Must keep at it though like you say...need  practice on my RGB processing skills, so the more opportunity I can take advantage of now the better. Forecast looking grim for the next few days as well unfortunately :-(

Regards,

Pete

Cheers Stuart!! Sure is tricky getting the colour balance looking right with RRGB. Going to spend some time doing several reprocesses with this data whilst we have the clouds aound.

Pete

Archived