Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Moonshane

Traveling from Bristol to Northwest of England?

Hi all

I have bought a telescope for my school astro club and have arranged to collect this from the seller at SGL9 as he has

kindly agreed to store it until then. I am trying to keep costs down given the intended use.

However, if anyone is passing by Bristol area and traveling back to the Northwest and willing to being it back for me then the kids can use it sooner and I'd really appreciate it. Two scopes are definitely better than one for a group of 10 kids.

It's a small 6" dob so hopefully can squeeze in easily.

Please send me a pm if you think you can help? If you can help then I can bribe you with some scope time in my garden with my 16" dob, 12" dob or 6" f11 dob and quality eyepieces if it's clear.

Thanks

Shane

So what you are after is some form of SGL Pony Express. :)

LOL

kind of, but I am hoping to find someone before then as I'll be running the sessions November-Christmas and Jan - Feb. We have one scope (8" dob) but this one is a perfect addition.

Still looking for some kind soul..........

Shane - I can provide a staging post if you can find someone coming from Bristol to drop it off in Leicester - then someone else going from the East Mids to pick up Leicester and take it oop narth. Or I could run up to half way between your place and mine with it - say Peak District somewhere...... :)

Edited by brantuk

That's really kind of you Kim. Let's see what happens. It's not the end of the world if it has to wait until SGL9.

Shane I go to Cheshire next Thursday for 3 days, coming home on the following Monday I can go through Bristol, and then on to Westbury where I live (just other side of Bath), I'm not really that far from you.

wow Carl, that would be amazing! Thank you so much. I'll send a pm.

Your very welcome mate, your doing an amazing job getting kids involved in astronomy, glad I will be able to help in some small way. So I just pick the dob up from Bristol an take to Stockport, simples. I'll let you show me a collimation exercise/demonstration..

ps

I have fond memories of camping in a woodland near Westbury once. Took this at the time as well as a million of Stonehenge:

2744537558_afb6dd390a_o.jpg

Can see that from my back bedroom lol. It's a great spot, and yep we get decent skies, just a shame a Dairy at Westbury has it lights going 24/7 which causes slight  LP to the NE, still not too bad though.

Thanks to John and Carl, this scope has been dropped off today and will be used (weather permitting) on Wednesday at the first space club of the year at my school. I owe some serious scope time, jaffa cakes and a drink or two at SGL9!

• Like 2

This thread is just another example of what a great community we have here, long may it continue.

• Like 1