SCB-2001 for video astronomy?

Adrian

Does anyone know if the SCB-2001 is any good for VA?

I thought it had the same chip as the scb2000, but with the A1 chipset and case of the scb-4000, but now I'm not so sure: 625 lines, but everything else seems the same....

Cheers Davy

All the Sammys seem to be similar in terms of sensitivity and ability to sens-up to 512x, so it's more a case of finding the right price rather than the exact camera.... but avoid 'H' & NTSC versions  :evil5:

Adrian, the SCB-2001 is an SCB-2000 with the added benefit of having an RS-485 socket for remote control of the camera built in.

The 20001 is dearer, so if you are handy with a soldering iron just by the cheaper 2000 and wire in your own remote connection, unless you know of any 2001's at a good price.

I saw a good deal on one, but that may have gone now. It's good to know the options so I can hit the button next time. The downside of the 2001 is that it will have the more complicated IR filter removal - but we've got your excellent guide for that.

I've been learning soldering - rewired a couple of guitars and put together some simple effects pedals on stripboard, so amending the 2000 shouldn't be a problem (famous last words  :grin: )

OK - I was tempted by this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281190077528?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thought I could sell on the others and get as cheap/free camera, but in the end I couldn't shake the feeling I'd be handling stolen goods :police:  (apologies if I'm wrong) so didn't bid.. I'll just wait for the right one to come along  :rolleyes:

Archived